Local HD's on 61.5

fire_317

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
Ok, I am getting HD upgraded in a couple weeks. My current dish is a Dish 500 pointed at 110 and 119. With my upgrade to HD, I am supposed to get a new dish installed. I assume a 1000.2?? Anyway, It looks like my local HD's (South Bend, IN 46628) are not up yet, but according to the EKB: DishNetwork Channel Chart, my locals will be on 61.5

I assume the new dish will not get this. Can my current Dish 500 be pointed there and work? Will the South Bend channels be moved to one of the sats that the 1000.2 dish pulls in? Should I go ahead and have my installer setup my old dish for 61.5 or is it easy to find? If so, where do I point to to begin looking for it?
Can the 2nd Dish be connected to the 1000.2 LNB's so I don't have to pull another coax cable into the house?

Any thoughts, help comments are greatly appreciated!!

It's your home, your service, and your money. TELL them to leave the current dish in place and add a 500 for 61.5. Period. No discussion, no other result acceptable. And tell them why, politely. They'll probably understand. They might already be planning it that way.

This assumes you have good LOS, of course.

No additional coax need be run thru the house.

I have this setup, using "34" switches. You'd be ahead to ensure you have "44" switches, so you can use the separators and have just one coax feeding your dual tuner boxes.

I currently don't use any switch from my dish 500 to the receivers (It is a DPPlus). I do have a DP34 that was used before I got my DPPlus equipment. I have 2 receivers each with a single cable. One Receiver is a 301 and that is all I need for that one. the other receiver is a 721 and I have a separator at the receiver on that one. I am getting 2 brand new vip722's and want to keep the single cables to each receiver and I know they will need another separater at the 722 that is put in place of the 301. But I will let the installer deal with that.
I did talk to the installer about my existing equipment upon the initial call, and I own it so it all stays. I didn't even think about the 61.5 bird until after I was done talking to them. I will just tell them to point my Dish 500 dish to 61.5 when they install the new one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)