local NBC having Sat troubles in Miami

Interesting.

I was punching around and saw a large thick line on the left side of the picture from top to bottom and thought "certainly I won't be the only one that notices this - surely someone will call and complain".

Guess I now know it wasn't in their OTA reception of the station.

I get a great signal from Channel 10. I am about 13 miles or so from the towers. About the only OTA I have a problem getting is the Tube and whatever its main channel is ( maybe 39). Honestly I don't think I need the HD locals

John Walsh said:
I get a great signal from Channel 10. I am about 13 miles or so from the towers. About the only OTA I have a problem getting is the Tube and whatever its main channel is ( maybe 39). Honestly I don't think I need the HD locals

John, The Tube is from WFLX-DT 29.2 in West Palm Beach. WFLX is the FOX outlet there.

WTVJ's Analog transmitter is in Richmond Heights, just north of Homestead. They have had problems in the past. Their Digital transmitter is on WFOR's tower in North Dade, where all the other towers are.

Walt

Mike4HDTV said:
For all Dish Network customers: Miami HD networks for ABC, CBS, and FOX are available.

ABC is Ch. 6401
CBS is Ch. 6402
FOX is Ch. 6404

Thanks Mike...the only problem now is there are 2 FOX hd channels and no NBC channel.:confused: :hungry:

Who owns NBC in Miami? I thought Belo was the major holdout for carriages.

EDIT: Absolutely amazing. Searching their website, there is NO MENTION of who owns them, even in the station history page. Yet they have a picture and link to Britney Spears and her appearance ON CBS-LETTERMAN on their front page.

Idiots.

Last edited:
NBC owns them and it is on now. It was only missing before because of a technical snafu

HDTVFanAtic said:
Who owns NBC in Miami? I thought Belo was the major holdout for carriages.

EDIT: Absolutely amazing. Searching their website, there is NO MENTION of who owns them, even in the station history page. Yet they have a picture and link to Britney Spears and her appearance ON CBS-LETTERMAN on their front page.

Idiots.

WTVJ is an NBC O&O.

Walt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)