Local Off Air Channels in CT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sat Junkie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
WallyWorld CT
I called D today to ask why my receivers even after a reboot and downloading new software will not receive channel 59-2 WCTX-DT and still shows that I'm supposed to receive 8-2 WTNH-DT that no longer broadcasts. 59-2 will come in for a second then it will revert back to the previous channel after it tells me that 59-2 is unavailable. When I switch to my Voom receiver I have no problem receiving 59-2 with a 98% signal strength.
After talking to the csr that couldn't understand the difference between local HD channels through satellite signal and local digital and HD channels OTA she suggested that I write a letter to the president of D. (What the H@## is that all about.) I asked to talk to someone a little higher than her and she told me there was no one else that could help me.

I called D today to ask why my receivers even after a reboot and downloading new software will not receive channel 59-2 WCTX-DT and still shows that I'm supposed to receive 8-2 WTNH-DT that no longer broadcasts. 59-2 will come in for a second then it will revert back to the previous channel after it tells me that 59-2 is unavailable. When I switch to my Voom receiver I have no problem receiving 59-2 with a 98% signal strength.
After talking to the csr that couldn't understand the difference between local HD channels through satellite signal and local digital and HD channels OTA she suggested that I write a letter to the president of D. (What the H@## is that all about.) I asked to talk to someone a little higher than her and she told me there was no one else that could help me.

I noticed the other day that 59-2 was missing. WTNH, who owns WCTX, has moved the weather radar from 8-2 to 59-2, but for some reason, it won't always show in the D* guide. I think it has something to do with the PSIP information the station is supposed to broadcast. Have you tried calling WTNH?

I guess a quick E-mail to WTNH wouldn't hurt. Maybe even ask why D doesn't carry their HD signal on sat while I'm at it.

Keep the pressure up. Its actually LIN the parent company that isnt allowing any of its HD channels on sat or cable unless they get money for it. So they have done this nationwide. Doesn't hurt to express your displeasure though.

I noticed the other day that 59-2 was missing. WTNH, who owns WCTX, has moved the weather radar from 8-2 to 59-2, but for some reason, it won't always show in the D* guide. I think it has something to do with the PSIP information the station is supposed to broadcast. Have you tried calling WTNH?

I noticed the same thing on my H20-100 after the update. I believe it is with the receiver though, since both my HD TV OTA tuners find and receive 59-2 fine. It's a bit of an annoyance since I like to use the sat receiver as a "single" tuner and not have to switch inputs on the tv. If it doesn't correct itself soon, I may be forced to use the tv tuner for the OTA channels.

I noticed the same thing on my H20-100 after the update. I believe it is with the receiver though, since both my HD TV OTA tuners find and receive 59-2 fine. It's a bit of an annoyance since I like to use the sat receiver as a "single" tuner and not have to switch inputs on the tv. If it doesn't correct itself soon, I may be forced to use the tv tuner for the OTA channels.

You may be correct, although I have seen bad psip information affect one tuner and not another.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)