Local problems near Charlottesville, Va??

sternpry

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
Just wondering if anyone getting Dish locals from Charlottesville, Va is having any problems. My screen is freezing and then pixelating before returning to normal in about 30 seconds. Have called Dish tech (Chris, who was on it right away but did not have any other reports) and told him both I and my son who lives very nearby are having the same symptoms. No tree line of sight problems from my dish. Have done the reboot thing too. :confused: :confused:

Just wondering if anyone getting Dish locals from Charlottesville, Va is having any problems. My screen is freezing and then pixelating before returning to normal in about 30 seconds. Have called Dish tech (Chris, who was on it right away but did not have any other reports) and told him both I and my son who lives very nearby are having the same symptoms. No tree line of sight problems from my dish. Have done the reboot thing too. :confused: :confused:

I live near Charlottesville but rarely watch the Dish locals. I watch the broadcast digitals from Charlottesvillle instead because I can get them and the picture is much better (especially Fox and NBC). I have not noticed any problems like what you have detailed above when watching the same channels via OTA.

Yeah, Bigthrust, I get the Richmond digital stations OTA better than Cville so that's why I use the Cville locals from Dish when I watch channels 29, 16, 27, or 19. An down in a hole near the James River so I get a better antenna signal from Richmond. I get brilliant HD reception OTA from channels 6 and 35 out of Richmond.
Thanks for posting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts