Local Radio station playing a whole month of Holiday christmas music

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
I do enjoy listening to Xmas music around the 25th but not a whole month of nothing but Christmas music.Thats what my favorite rock and roll oldies station has decided to do this year.This seems to becoming a more popular thing to do.Does any of your local radio stations do the same?
Update! I wasnt awake when i posted this!If a mod wants to move it to the pub area or somewhere else be my guest.

Last edited:
Local radio, like local TV, has so many commercials that it's unlistenable, so who knows. At least with TV, you can PVR it. Satellite radio is the solution. You have more control over content due to variety available.

In New Orleans, Magic 101.9, normally a light rock station, goes all Christmas music from early November through December 25th.

The format is welcomed by locals... The station is played in public places everywhere this time of year due to the Christmas content.

A local station here (Dayton OH) has done this for years. Sadly, they start earlier and earlier each year though....

Those poor employees forced to listen for 7 weeks...I wonder why it is that silence in public places isn't permitted anymore?

My wife has chatted with one of the popular DJs at that station on facebook and he says he loves it! Wonder if he really likes it or making brownie points with the radio station.:D

In Akron, OH... there are 3 stations playing Christmas music since before Thanksgiving nonstop, and another station just started a couple weeks ago.

With a whole lot of radio stations buying preformatted content from programming services these days (instead of locally programming) and with lots of stations being centrally programmed robots for a good part of the day, likely if there is one station doing something there are lots across multiple markets with the identical content (and even the same dj).

For those of us who are more bah humbug than jingle bells, all Christmas all the time is quite annoying.

The stations I listen to don't play ANY Christmas music and I like it that way! On Christmas eve and day we play some at the house.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

96.5 in Tulsa has been doing it for years, at least the last 10 years since I moved back. I remember growing up they did it too, but I can't remember when they started back then. A couple of years ago a few other stations tried to outdo 96.5 but it didn't last. People (me included) love when 96.5 goes all Xmas music around the middle of November until Dec 26th. Usually around mid June to July when it starts hitting 100 degrees I'll turn on Accuradio's internet xmas radio channel once in a while, trying to remind me of the cooler weather.

Here in Minneapolis we have one station. Lite 103. They always start a week before Turkey Day :eek:
There is another one that normally did but didnt this year (Kool 108) and that was bigger news than stations that play it

There is a light rock station here that does the same. Starts about a week before Turkey Day and switches back on Dec. 26th. It's very popular around here. Stores, offices, etc. use it for background music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts