Local Setup at New Address

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crowe1130

Original poster
Jul 24, 2005
Wondering if anyone has ever set up service in a zip code that's split between two local markets?

When I go to the D* site and enter the zip code I'm moving into, it asks for more information (IE county). Depending on which of the two counties I select, it gives me a different local market.

Does anyone know if this process is the same when setting up the receivers? I'd like to choose the locals provided to the "other" county.

Thanks in advance for any insight! :)

what matters is what dtv puts on their side, the zip code on the receiver is to help pin point the satellite tilt, elevation, and azimuth.

you might try using..

You current cities name but the other ZIP CODE... that may work.. it could possibly working for me..since I live in a border town on the Mississippi river.. and maybe my teams are in one state but I live about 500 yards in the other state.. so maybe I now get to see a team based in a beer city instead of a team based in a twin type city..

Hmm, maybe I'll give that a shot. The single zip code itself is actually split between two markets, so I thought it might be a little easier. So is this my only recourse?

This is the most annoying thing about satellite vs. cable: My next-door neighbors watching a game that's blacked out for me.

Whatever happened to the "significantly viewed" channels I heard were coming a year or so ago?

Hmm, maybe I'll give that a shot. The single zip code itself is actually split between two markets, so I thought it might be a little easier. So is this my only recourse?

This is the most annoying thing about satellite vs. cable: My next-door neighbors watching a game that's blacked out for me.

Whatever happened to the "significantly viewed" channels I heard were coming a year or so ago?

It's all a matter of money... local stations/local Revenues and TV Markets. I live about 1 mile from the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale market, but am locked into West Palm Beach. All I care about is local news, since I really don't care about WPB, but my business and my life is in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale

However since I'm in the WPB TV market, they get the ratings and revenue for my viewing, and D* won 't let me have the stations that I really want <sigh>.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts