Locals for the Iowa, Illinois Quad Cities

m9house

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Davenport, Iowa, United States
I just got back from a seminar on what will happen after the switch to digital broadcasting on June 12th. It looks like I will lose the CBS and NBC channels Because of their change in frequency. The new frequency's will not handle the multi-path problem that I have as well as the old frequency does. So unless Dish launches the HD Locals for the Davenport DMA I will be watching CBS and NBC in SD (I know Quit whining) I was able to talk to the chief engineer for KWQC the NBC affiliate in the Quad Cities and he said that all Dish has to do is flip the switch and we would be up in HD. He does not know why they don't do it. He also said that Dish requires them to buy all their own equipment so they can monitor the Dish signal but that Direct TV and the local cable company supplies all the equipment and subscription for free. I do hope that Charlie will reconsider launching the Davenport DMA That he has promised us at least twice before. :(

I hope you are right laddyboy. But the KWQC chief engineer did not know of any info on a launch date. where do you find these dates. When I talked to the dish CSR they could not find any information on a launch date

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)