This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

locals in canada?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dh123

Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
hi

i had an address in washington dc but am using my dish now in canada...specifically the toronto ontario area....

i can get my washington locals in SD but not HD...i get searching satellite 771....is this due to a spot beam problem? can i re-aim my dish somehow to pick up the washington locals?

any advice?

tia

I am surprised the sd spotbeam travels that far. The hd beams aren't always the same size as their sd counterparts, so that is likely the issue. Re-aiming the dish won't matter if it is already aimed correctly for your area.

i get all the stations, including the SD of washington...i wasnt sure if it needed a small adjustment to get hd or if the spot beams dont come this far?

yawn......................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i know it isnt allowed...i am back in canada for 2 years after being in washington for 3 years...

all i wanted to know is if i could point-tweak my dish to pick up the HD locals or, because of the spot beam, repositioning won't help

Status
Please reply by conversation.