locals in canada?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dh123

Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
hi

i had an address in washington dc but am using my dish now in canada...specifically the toronto ontario area....

i can get my washington locals in SD but not HD...i get searching satellite 771....is this due to a spot beam problem? can i re-aim my dish somehow to pick up the washington locals?

any advice?

tia

hi

i had an address in washington dc but am using my dish now in canada...specifically the toronto ontario area....

i can get my washington locals in SD but not HD...i get searching satellite 771....is this due to a spot beam problem? can i re-aim my dish somehow to pick up the washington locals?

any advice?

tia

I am surprised the sd spotbeam travels that far. The hd beams aren't always the same size as their sd counterparts, so that is likely the issue. Re-aiming the dish won't matter if it is already aimed correctly for your area.

i get all the stations, including the SD of washington...i wasnt sure if it needed a small adjustment to get hd or if the spot beams dont come this far?

yawn......................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i know it isnt allowed...i am back in canada for 2 years after being in washington for 3 years...

all i wanted to know is if i could point-tweak my dish to pick up the HD locals or, because of the spot beam, repositioning won't help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)