LOCALS IN HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dmj_rolltide

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
I recently upgraded to HD and have been fairly pleased so far. When DISH started advertising HD locals for my area, I called and told DISH to add them. For some reason only two channels are available in HD at the present time.

I can't get DISH reps to give me a definitve answer as to why this is happening. I think they are like trained robots that are programmed what to say. I get so frustrated trying to get an answer from them.

Any way, maybe the other two locals will be in HD by the end of the year. I know DISH is planning on adding more HD programming, but I don't know if this includes locals.

My locals come from Chattanooga, Tennessee. I keep hoping one day I will check in the guide and all four locals will be in HD.

Well, so of the national owners of local stations have not yet reached agreements with Dish. I live in the Memphis area and we do not get our ABC station in HD. I am not sure who the owner of the station is, but all of them nationally are not on Dish HD. Email you station manager and let him know that you really want it on.

Those stations probably don't have agreements with DISH. My NBC affiliate here is the same way. Now I get to watch Sunday Night Football in crappy SD. Baztards....

torp

Those stations probably don't have agreements with DISH. My NBC affiliate here is the same way. Now I get to watch Sunday Night Football in crappy SD. Baztards....

torp
Get an antenna.

Well, so of the national owners of local stations have not yet reached agreements with Dish. I live in the Memphis area and we do not get our ABC station in HD. I am not sure who the owner of the station is, but all of them nationally are not on Dish HD. Email you station manager and let him know that you really want it on.

I live in Memphis area as well and I got an HD antenna for the OTA option and I got outstanding HD PQ for both ABC and UPN/CW.

So to answer Chatnooga guy as well just get an HD antenna (I have a 722) and you will be able to fill the gaps of the missing HD locals as long as they are broadcasting in HD. I called the Memphis ABC Station Mgr and he said they plan on getting on DISH by end of year but that I would get better PQ with my antenna. He was right!

For what's it worth, I contacted DISH again about Chattanooga, TN locals only having 2 of the big 4 in HD. I pointed out how their competition was one step ahead of them because Directv launched all of the locals in HD yesterday. I told the CSR that DISH needed to get with the program.

He said DISH is working very hard to get the other two channels in HD, which are ABC and NBC. He also stated it should be very soon because they were well aware about Directv launching all of their locals in HD for Chattanooga. He said he was able to see an update stating that it would happen, but an exact date was not known at this time.

So, I am staying put. I had considered getting an OTA antenna, but I'm not spending the extra money. Competition is a good thing, so maybe DISH will now do something to try and keep up with Directv.

So, I am staying put. I had considered getting an OTA antenna, but I'm not spending the extra money. Competition is a good thing, so maybe DISH will now do something to try and keep up with Directv.

If you can, compare OTA to DISH or Direct and you'd spend the money for a OTA Antenna. And if you install one yourself, they are cheap. I'm 12 air miles from most and 22 from another with my $39 OTA antenna.

I was in the same spot as you. 2 of my local stations do not even broadcast in HD yet (even OTA). All of my problems were solved by searching for "moving" on this forum! I highly recommend that you "move" if possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)