locals in hd

gunner44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2008
ok the web site says abc and nbc are available in hd

the bulletins on the tv screen say to call about new hd locals....

So i do and the cs rep not able to figure out how to connect,,,,,,

i live in corpus christi so tx area and have hd package and locals,,,,

guesss right hand doesn't know what left hand doing!!! any one else

have better luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,gunner

ok the web site says abc and nbc are available in hd

the bulletins on the tv screen say to call about new hd locals....

So i do and the cs rep not able to figure out how to connect,,,,,,

i live in corpus christi so tx area and have hd package and locals,,,,

guesss right hand doesn't know what left hand doing!!! any one else

have better luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,gunner

2 of the Corpus HD locals are available on the 129 bird. You may been setup with a 110/119/61.5 setup previously since the older 129 bird didn't have coverage in your area.

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 129°W

If you feel comfortable enough you can swing your 61.5 dish over to 129 yourself. It's pretty simple to do with just a few steps.

129 for local hd

Thanks,,,,does that mean i need another dish(i have 2 0n roof now) or a bigger dish or what.....Not able to adjust myself.....

Do you know if they charge for that,,, i have had hd fro the get go now
for 2 yrs......

thanks,,,,,will probably call them again later.......gunner

Thanks,,,,does that mean i need another dish(i have 2 0n roof now) or a bigger dish or what.....Not able to adjust myself.....

Do you know if they charge for that,,, i have had hd fro the get go now
for 2 yrs......

thanks,,,,,will probably call them again later.......gunner

No. You don't need another dish. 129 has the same national HD channels as 61.5. But just different locals.

Most of the time they will charge, that's why I suggested you swing it around yourself or have another family member help you do it. If you can get to the 61.5 dish it will take you less than an hour.

locals

thanks,,,,give it a try when better half not looking lol.....
just surprised they have them,,didn't think would happen for longer time!!!

gunner

Go to DishPointer.com. Put in your address and chose the 129 satellite. This will give you the angle and direction of the satellite. Zoom in if you can to your yard. You should be able to determine if you have line of sight to the 129 bird. Write this down and remember where it points in your yard.

Put your receiver the point dish screen. Pick 61.5 and transponder 22. Someone will need to watch the TV and talk to you at the same time you move the dish. Take a sharpie and mark a line on the pole of the dish so you can put it back on 61.5 if you can't find 129. Adjust the elevation bolt on the dish based on the settings from Dishpointer. Swing the dish over to where you saw 129 is at in your yard. You may have to adjust the elevation setting if you can't find it. Just make slow sweeps back and forth as you adjust up and down each time until you find. Remember...slow and small adjustments! Once you find the signal tweak it in the best you can. It should show Wrong Satellite 129 or something similar on the screen...but that's ok! Once you are tweaked in on 129, then run the check switch option on the point dish screen. After that you're done!

Saved you some time of dealing with a tech setting up and appointment and the money to do it.

No. You don't need another dish. 129 has the same national HD channels as 61.5. But just different locals.

Most of the time they will charge, that's why I suggested you swing it around yourself or have another family member help you do it. If you can get to the 61.5 dish it will take you less than an hour.

Channel 77 says you can get another dish for free upgrade. (small print- 2 year contract)

So 129 has all of the channels that 61.5 has, even Locals? Just curious cause I'm in Greenville NC area and just called dish to get my locals in HD and had to set up a service call to get a new dish installed to receive 61.5 sat. Is that what needs to happen for my area?

Also if you call dish tell them you don't want to redo a contract or have to pay for the dish inorder to receive something that you are already paying for (locals). I did this and they sent me to a operator and after a bit I got my upgrade with no contract or having to pay for the dish, I was definitly a happy camper after that :)

So 129 has all of the channels that 61.5 has, even Locals? Just curious cause I'm in Greenville NC area and just called dish to get my locals in HD and had to set up a service call to get a new dish installed to receive 61.5 sat. Is that what needs to happen for my area?

Also if you call dish tell them you don't want to redo a contract or have to pay for the dish inorder to receive something that you are already paying for (locals). I did this and they sent me to a operator and after a bit I got my upgrade with no contract or having to pay for the dish, I was definitly a happy camper after that :)

129 and 61.5 have the same national HD channels, HD locals are located on either one of those two sats, or on 77 or on 118. Some are on two sats, either 61.5 and 118, or 61.5 and 129. There are not that many that are on two sats, most are only on one. You need to know where your's are.

If you are curious what is where...check TheList link in my signature for near real time channel data (delayed no more than 30 minutes).

Downgrading and Contract Extension

Missing Channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)