Locals in the Cayman Islands?

ctajbm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
I have three 6' dishes pointed to 61.5, 110, 118.5 and 119. Up until Tuesday I was getting my HD locals from Portland since they were on Conus. After all the movements this week they are no longer available so I have a few questions:

1. Are there any remaining Conus HD locals that are likely to stick around for a while?
2. Would any of the spot beams reach Cayman (south of Cuba)
3. If no to questions 1 and 2 would mydistantnetworks be my only option?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thx

I have three 6' dishes pointed to 61.5, 110, 118.5 and 119. Up until Tuesday I was getting my HD locals from Portland since they were on Conus. After all the movements this week they are no longer available so I have a few questions:

1. Are there any remaining Conus HD locals that are likely to stick around for a while?
2. Would any of the spot beams reach Cayman (south of Cuba)
3. If no to questions 1 and 2 would mydistantnetworks be my only option?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thx
1 Not w/ that set of sats. 61.5 now has a new bird at the location and they are moving locals to spots. 77 for now is about the only conus.
2 Doubtful, but look at the map nelson61 posted earlier in the thread. http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/301044-Echostar-16-at-61-5W
3 maybe but not sure if they will be HD.

I think your best bet is to wait a couple weeks and see where everything settles out. However, I don't think you have a chance of getting any spot beam locals on 110, 119, or 61.5 in the Cayman Islands.

Thanks for the quick responses. I don't think 77 is visible from Cayman. May have to look at other options but in the meantime it may have to be MyDistantNetworks in SD for the SuperBowl!

hey guys i live in panama and in the same situation as of Wednesday i completely lost all signal from 61.5 i have been reading evrywhere and i think the only option right now is to go with directv puerto rico i know for i fact that you could get those in panama so in cayman you shouldn't have any problems

Hopefully Logic will be the answer

If you are in the 7MB corridor, Logic's new fiber service should be an excellent replacement for Dish. My three 6-fotters will be for sale shortly! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)