Locals Moving to 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I live about 30 miles northeast of atlanta. I currently have a dish 1000 (110,119,129) setup. Last week I lost all of my HD locals and some national HD channels. A friend of the family who is an independant Dish contractor came out to take a look, and seemed to think that I have trees that have blocked my view of the 129 satellite... But my question to him was why it happened so suddenly... it seemed to me I would have had occasional signal loss before i lost it for good if it truely was a tree growing up into the signal. Makes me wonder if they moved the Atlanta HD locals to 61.5 last week?? Anyone have any idea when that move is/was supposed to take place? His quick solution was to get an antenna for OTA locals and then put up a second dish for the 61.5 feed for national HD stations since those are mirrored on 129 and 61.5. If the Atl locals are moving, it couldnt happen soon enough... why E* put the locals of a city that has more trees than most in the country on the lowest flying satellite in the fleet is beyond me!

I live about 30 miles northeast of atlanta. I currently have a dish 1000 (110,119,129) setup. Last week I lost all of my HD locals and some national HD channels. A friend of the family who is an independant Dish contractor came out to take a look, and seemed to think that I have trees that have blocked my view of the 129 satellite... But my question to him was why it happened so suddenly... it seemed to me I would have had occasional signal loss before i lost it for good if it truely was a tree growing up into the signal. Makes me wonder if they moved the Atlanta HD locals to 61.5 last week?? Anyone have any idea when that move is/was supposed to take place? His quick solution was to get an antenna for OTA locals and then put up a second dish for the 61.5 feed for national HD stations since those are mirrored on 129 and 61.5. If the Atl locals are moving, it couldnt happen soon enough... why E* put the locals of a city that has more trees than most in the country on the lowest flying satellite in the fleet is beyond me!

They didn't move them. They are still on 129 for everyone to see. You will know very far in advance if and when they pull them from 129 and put them on 61.5.

Technically all the satellites fly at the same altitude ;) but I know what you are saying from your vantage point it is the lowest look angle in the sky. Actually DishNetwork has two satellites at 148 that are at lot lower angles in the sky from your area.

Yea sorry... I misworded it... I mean when are they going to mirror the locals on 61.5... it makes sense that they wouldnt move them from 129, otherwise everyone in atlanta would have to have a second dish put up to revieve the 61.5 feed... I did find this on the April 2nd uplink report:

6365(2) - WSB [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 7 beam (Available)(Atlanta, GA)
6366(46) - WGCL [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 7 beam (Available)(Atlanta, GA)
6367(11) - WXIA [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 7 beam (Available)(Atlanta, GA)
6368(5) - WAGA [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 7 beam (Available)(Atlanta, GA)
6369(17) - WPCH [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 15 Area 7 beam (Not Available)(Atlanta, GA)

Does that mean that everything buy Peachtree TV (WPCH) is available on 61.5 now??

I am a bit of a noobie to all of this, but I clicked the link and it still says the 6365-6368 ATL channels are available? Can someone help me understand if that means that the locals are now mirrored on 61.5 and available to me or not?

Also, driving around the neighborhood I have noticed dishes that are pointed at MUCH thicker masses of trees than mine is and I would assume they are not having any trouble... Is it possible that my LNB for 129 has gone bad? It just doesnt make sense to me that if my problem is a tree growing into my view of the satellite that I wouldnt of had intermentent signal loss before I would have lost it for good?? Any input would be much appreciated! Thanks guys!

i called last night because i lost my sd locals but had the hd locals on and the csr said that the move to 61.5 from 121 would happen today.

Does anyone know if this has happened? I'm at work now, but would love to look forward to swinging my 129 dish to 61.5. Here in Atlanta I can get 61.5 just great. 129's sight is just about covered by tree growth.

Join the club.. although if I understand everything correctly, if you have the same dish i do... it has 3 LNB's... one for each 110, 119, and 129. If you want 61.5 you have to have them put a second dish up because 110 and 119 are not close enough to 129. Is that right everyone? I almost decided to leave dish when i found that out, but their features are best suited to my needs and i dont want to go to charter cable so I am sticking with it IF the locals get moved before the fall!

Join the club.. although if I understand everything correctly, if you have the same dish i do... it has 3 LNB's... one for each 110, 119, and 129. If you want 61.5 you have to have them put a second dish up because 110 and 119 are not close enough to 129. Is that right everyone? I almost decided to leave dish when i found that out, but their features are best suited to my needs and i dont want to go to charter cable so I am sticking with it IF the locals get moved before the fall!

I do have a second dish pointed at 129. The other one is pointing at 110 & 119. I had to install a second dish for 129 about 45 feet further east on my lot
to hit 129. I can just turn that dish around at its current location and have a clear shot at 61.5

Does anyone know if this has happened? I'm at work now, but would love to look forward to swinging my 129 dish to 61.5. Here in Atlanta I can get 61.5 just great. 129's sight is just about covered by tree growth.

I live in Mableton and have no LOS to 129 due to trees and a hill. I had the 61.5 dish installed in anticipation of HD coming from 61.5. This was back in 2001-2002 I believe. The HD receiver back then was the 6000! At the time, the install was free because I had just subscribed to the local package and channel 30 was on 61.5.

I won't be home until 2030 or so. :-( I sure do hope this has happened!!!!! :) :)

--Grin&Barrett

Samy60... in that case you are right... On my setup I just had one dish for all 3... unfortunately even if i get a seperate dish, there is no way for them to hit 129 so I have to go for 61.5 and hope that the locals are there already or in the near future!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)