Locals on Joeys but not on Hopper

TechWriter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2008
My locals don't appear in the programming guide on my Hopper, but they do appear in the guides on both my Joeys. But when I enter the channel # of a local on my Hopper -- the program appears even though it's not listed in the guide. Is this a new feature?

Followed DISH's troubleshooting by unplugging receiver & restarting it. Nada

Then tried DISH's online help which was more funny than helpful:

DISH: Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon further verification, since you can now access your local channels, it will automatically refresh the guide and you will be automatically appear on your guide.
ME: So when will they actually appear in my guide?
DISH: That is correct, Tom.
ME: What is correct?
DISH: Since we just send the signal and you did the hard reset, it will automatically appear in your guide in the next few minutes.

I'm still waiting.

In your guide settings on the Hopper, which one are you in? Press the Guide button on your remote. Just above the programming guide, left side, and below the little picture of what you are watchings is a red button. That button should say: My Channels, My HD Channels, My Off Air, Or All Channels. If it is one of these you should see your local channels, satellite and OTA (if you have the OTA adapter). If it is on one of the Favorites, you need to add your local channels to the Favorites list....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)