Locals on Vip622

dogpoobob

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 10, 2005
Brighton, TN (near Memphis)
I just activated my Vip622 exchanged from 942. I cannot get two of the digital channels that were strong on the 942. I cannot pick up 50 or 53 and 52 is at a seemingly lower value (61). Can't remember the strengths of these 3 channels on the 942 and I have already returned it.

Has this happened to anyone else? Could this be a defect?

OTA signal meter on the 622 goes to 100, the 921 goes to 125 (not sure about the 942). It is the percentage where the channels will lock, 50 for the 622 and 75 for the 921. I also found that the 622 will not lock on some channels by doing the channel scan, but lock fine if you add manually. You may want to that.

OTA signal meter on the 622 goes to 100, the 921 goes to 125 (not sure about the 942). It is the percentage where the channels will lock, 50 for the 622 and 75 for the 921. I also found that the 622 will not lock on some channels by doing the channel scan, but lock fine if you add manually. You may want to that.

I tried that, but it sees no (0) signal on those two channels. I checked with the engineer at FOX13 (Channel 53) and they are transmitting at full power.

When you enter the channels manually, make sure you enter the actual digital transmit channel and not the PSIP alias. The 622 is also very sensitive to the PSIP information transmitted by the station. Originally I had two channels that my 622 would not tune in even though the signal was 95-100%%. In both cases my old 6000 and the TV tuner would tune them fine. In my case the last software upgrade fixed the problem.

When you enter the channels manually, make sure you enter the actual digital transmit channel and not the PSIP alias. The 622 is also very sensitive to the PSIP information transmitted by the station. Originally I had two channels that my 622 would not tune in even though the signal was 95-100%%. In both cases my old 6000 and the TV tuner would tune them fine. In my case the last software upgrade fixed the problem.

Yes, I'm entering channel 53 which is the digital broadcast channel for channel 13 in Memphis. I know that the signal is strong. My 942 picked it up even when they were transmitting at partial power.:(

Well, I guess that I have answered my own question. Evidently the Vip622 is not as sensitive as the 942. On a lark, I hooked up my 40 year old Channel Master 5 or 6 yagi antenna that was still in my attic and instead of finding 10 locals, the STB now finds 20, including one that is 160° from the forward direction. I'm now a happy camper again and I sure got my money's worth out of that antenna purchase in 1966.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts