Locals Only?

You can get a Roamio OTA from TiVo, which receives locals and sub channels with a tv guide for all the channels and sub channels. Amazon carries it. PLus, with the push of one button, it skips all commercials on the networks during Prime time.

I second the Roamio OTA for locals-only. I had one for a couple of years, and it was great. I also had a couple of Tivo Minis which work really well.

I use a Tablo instead of a Tivo as an OTA DVR and really like it. Same requirements as the Tivo, OTA reception, Internet Connection for the guide, plus your TV needs to have the ability to run the Tablo App (AndriodTV, AppleTV, Roku, FireTV, etc.).

Still? When did they?

PI channels with locals only?

Around when the OTA analog/digital transition was in full swing, DISH DID offer a "locals only" pkg for $10, which I had. It only gave you local channels & if you requested it, they would also turn on all the P/I channels as well, which I also did. You could add on A La Carte programming, such as Supers, distant locals, premiums, etc.

I had this package for many years when I "moved" to Denver, along with NY/LA distants & Supers. (alI those Denver networks were on national beams) It was great to have 3 time zones of networks, for conflicts &/or if I just missed my local feeds. :)

Still? When did they?
Until around February 2011, when Dish kicked people with Locals Only over to Welcome Pack. Some people may have been grandfathered longer than that, but that is when my account got switched. Prior to that, it was the reverse: Welcome Pack had been discontinued, and you had to be grandfathered to get it, while Locals Only was still being offered.

Until around February 2011, when Dish kicked people with Locals Only over to Welcome Pack. Some people may have been grandfathered longer than that, but that is when my account got switched. Prior to that, it was the reverse: Welcome Pack had been discontinued, and you had to be grandfathered to get it, while Locals Only was still being offered.

Yep your accounting of it made me "re remember." LOL

Welcome Pack may be 22.99, then add $12 DVR fee and $4.41 in tax in Florida. and you end up with $39.43 Total. Nothing is cheap anymore. What ever happended to $10 locals?

Right now the DVR fee for new customers for the first 2 years is $5 for a Hopper Duo and $10 for a Hopper 1, 2 or 3.

For current customers or after the first 2 years for new customers it's $10 for a Hopper Duo and $15 for a Hopper 1,2 or 3.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Welcome Pack may be 22.99, then add $12 DVR fee and $4.41 in tax in Florida. and you end up with $39.43 Total. Nothing is cheap anymore. What ever happended to $10 locals?
Locals are now $12.00 and expected to go even higher in the future. Since DISH provides ota guide data anyway, this is why DISH needs to add a 4 ota tuner dongle to it's receivers. Then subs who have ota could save the extra $12.00 a month.

Locals are now $12.00 and expected to go even higher in the future. Since DISH provides ota guide data anyway, this is why DISH needs to add a 4 ota tuner dongle to it's receivers. Then subs who have ota could save the extra $12.00 a month.
If Dish does this, they need to do a better job than they did when they came up with the dual-tuner OTA dongle. Otherwise, continuing the pattern of degradation of performance going from the single-tuner to the dual-tuner, you might end up with a four-tuner dongle that can only receive one channel. :biggrin

If Dish does this, they need to do a better job than they did when they came up with the dual-tuner OTA dongle. Otherwise, continuing the pattern of degradation of performance going from the single-tuner to the dual-tuner, you might end up with a four-tuner dongle that can only receive one channel. :biggrin

In other words, they should choose a vendor other than Hauppauge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)