Locals problem on 105

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
Any one else get locals on 105?
My signal is down to around 37 and I have none.

Switch test OK and other two sat are ok.

Maybe ice on that lnb? darn thing on roof make it bad to get to.

Trido

trido said:
Any one else get locals on 105?
My signal is down to around 37 and I have none.

Switch test OK and other two sat are ok.

Maybe ice on that lnb? darn thing on roof make it bad to get to.

Trido

Ice or snow accumulation on the dish will weaken the signal. If you can get up to the dish, spray it with a cooking spray like Pam to reduce future accumulations.

NEVER, NEVER spray Pam or anything like it on these dishes, whether they are metal or fiberglass - you will eventually buy a new dish as these things will destroy the coating on the dish which reflects the signal off the dish to the LNB...as an installer for more years than I can count, PLEASE don't do that!

Snow & ice will affect the signal (snow moreso as it is less reflective) but a signal strength of 37 sounds pretty low regardless. If, under normal conditions, your signal on 105 is less than say 55, it is not aligned very well and you may want to call dish for a trouble. If it is mounted on the roof, did the installer use the support struts on it? If not, let them know that as well (a Super Dish should never be on the roof without them because of its shape/weight) - may get you a free service call if you'd normally have to pay for improper installation. I can usually peak a 105 dish at about 70 (as high as 81 a few times) but anything above 55 will help the rain fade and snow/ice conditions.

farmsatguy said:
NEVER, NEVER spray Pam or anything like it on these dishes, whether they are metal or fiberglass - you will eventually buy a new dish as these things will destroy the coating on the dish which reflects the signal off the dish to the LNB...as an installer for more years than I can count, PLEASE don't do that!

Snow & ice will affect the signal (snow moreso as it is less reflective) but a signal strength of 37 sounds pretty low regardless. If, under normal conditions, your signal on 105 is less than say 55, it is not aligned very well and you may want to call dish for a trouble. If it is mounted on the roof, did the installer use the support struts on it? If not, let them know that as well (a Super Dish should never be on the roof without them because of its shape/weight) - may get you a free service call if you'd normally have to pay for improper installation. I can usually peak a 105 dish at about 70 (as high as 81 a few times) but anything above 55 will help the rain fade and snow/ice conditions.
Thanks well signal went back up on 105 most I every get on most TP is 60.

Trido

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)