Locals/Superdish question

Cascade

Goose.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
This morning I noticed that my local channels were here at last so I called a CSR to verify that we're eligible etc.
I asked the CSR if we needed a SuperDish, she said Yes and that it'd cost me nothing for the dish or the install.
I asked 2 different people at Echostar how much my locals were going to cost me, they said that it is already included in my Top120 DHA package and that I wouldn't be charged for anything.
I asked what the catch was, the CSR (This time a guy) said there was no catch.

Is there a catch?

Cheers all.

I understood it as 1 yr commit to AT60 or greater and the locals

What price do you have for AT120 right now? It should be 34.99 (39.99 with locals)

from the Dish website

Agree to a minimum programming purchase agreement to either America's Top 60 or DISH Latino programming package and qualified locals or International programming for 12 consecutive months (Programming Purchase Agreement offers a discount value of $175!)
Enroll in Credit Card Autopay (CCA) if not already enrolled (Enrollment offers a discount value of $24.95!)

Customers will receive a FREE SuperDISH Upgrade and FREE Standard
Professional Installation of up to 2 existing receivers. (A savings of $199.95!)*

*An additional $50 fee may apply for customers with 3 or more receivers.
Limited-time offer for current customers only. Customer must be eligible for local or International programming qualified to require a SuperDISH to be eligible for this offer. Certain restrictions apply. Standard Professional Installation only. Prices are subject to change without notice. Customer must reside within the continental United States to participate. SuperDISH is not available through DISH Network in Pacific Northwest, Hawaii and Alaska.

Standard Professional Installation includes the installation of previously installed receivers. If customer has a receiver that has not been previously installed, additional work starts at $59.00 and will be paid to the installer at the time of activation.

Digital Home Advantage with America's Top 120.........39.99
DISH VOD Service fee.............4.98 - What's this?
DISH Home Protection.............5.99 - Cabling etc?
blahblah, receivers, etc

Any idea why I've been paying $39.99 for locals when they didn't exist?

Agree to a minimum programming purchase agreement to either America's Top 60 or DISH Latino programming package and qualified locals or International programming for 12 consecutive months.

So this means I'm locked into a year's contract?
They're coming out Tuesday to install it.

Cascade said:
Digital Home Advantage with America's Top 120.........39.99
DISH VOD Service fee.............4.98 - What's this?
DISH Home Protection.............5.99 - Cabling etc?
blahblah, receivers, etc

Any idea why I've been paying $39.99 for locals when they didn't exist?

The 4.98 is because you must have a DVR (522, 510, etc)

I thought they discounted it if you didnt have locals

Since you are on DHA, there should be no contract..(I know..I contradicted myself)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)