Locals with RV antenna

It does not. RF over the air receives signals transmitted through the air to your Antenna. If you are using Dish then you must call them to have your box updated to the location and receive the locals in that Market. DTV has distant channels where location does not make a difference

It does not. RF over the air receives signals transmitted through the air to your Antenna. If you are using Dish then you must call them to have your box updated to the location and receive the locals in that Market. DTV has distant channels where location does not make a difference
I meant to say a satellite RV antenna/dish. They all warn that local channels won't be available when I'm outside of my local area.

I meant to say a satellite RV antenna/dish. They all warn that local channels won't be available when I'm outside of my local area.

That's because local channels are broadcast on a spot beam from the satellite. Once you move out of range of the spot beam, you no longer can receive those locals. Very generally speaking, spot beams cover an area of a couple hundred miles in diameter.

We live in and travel extensively in our RV, sometimes changing our service address and locals as often as daily. We've found the Dish Support chat system to be the most efficient way to change it. Just make sure they don't change your billing address as well. If they do though, that's easy to fix on your MyDish account online. The channel change takes a few minutes to kick in and update the program guide.

Reactions: pattykay
The spot beam could be likened to a flashlight. Move outside the lights circle, and you’re no long under the light.

Reactions: NYDutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts