Locals

wolfjc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Cincinnati
My brother in law is thinking about going with a satellite service and Direct has already pissed him off.
So my question is are locals now included in the quoted price on the Dish web site?
I thought that they were after reading that in this forum but when I called Dish to find out the CSR told me that they were not. So is my memory faulty or is the CSR wrong?

Thanks for any input.

My brother in law is thinking about going with a satellite service and Direct has already pissed him off.
So my question is are locals now included in the quoted price on the Dish web site?
I thought that they were after reading that in this forum but when I called Dish to find out the CSR told me that they were not. So is my memory faulty or is the CSR wrong?

Thanks for any input.

This is what Dish says on their website.

Satellite Channels - HD Satellite Channels - DISH Network

Locals can be added to any package for $5 a month.

As I said the CSR said that but the web site says
"Over 120 favorite channels including local channels" this is next the the price and is why I asked the question.
I swear that a while back in this very form there was someone complaining about a Dish price increase and some one else pointed out that it was not a price increase because Dish now included the local charge in the published price like Direct does.
I am just trying to find out what is what for my inlaw.
He was looking into Direct but became angry over the nickle and dime thing that Direct was doing to him and because the Direct told him that he had to go through Cincinnati Bell and they mite change his phone number, Cincinnati Bell is a Direct seller here in Cincinnati. So he got mad and just hung up on the CSR. Talk about a clueless CSR.

You will pay 5.00 for locals IF you take a regular programming pack. You will pay 5.99 if you don't have a qualifying programming pack. So you can add locals to the following packs and get them for 5.00

09.99 Welcome pack + 5.00 locals= 14.99
19.99 Family pack + 5.00 locals= 24.99
Classic 100/200/250 or AEP
Turbo hd packs for the same 100/200/250
WITH dvr pack for classic 100/200/250

The only time you will pay 5.99 for locals is if you just want say Locals only with the programming access fee of 6.00. Most people will take at least the Welcome pack and get their locals for 5.00 and about 20 miscellaneous channels in SD. This welcome pack if for those subs that own their own receivers, not leased subs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)