Locast app now added to the hopper 3 DVR

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Hello my friends dish added the locast app on the hopper 3 DVR alot of us did the beta version of the app and now it has gone live for the folks wondering what locast is here is their website you can check out they have many more cities two more going live real soon balitmore and Miami.

Home - Locast
Have a great day

Allen bluegras

PS next apps to add plutotv and xumo thank you very much

it must only work if you are in 1 of the listed cities.
Twin cities MN gave an error

Locast only serves 7 of the 210 DMA's so far, with 2 more coming soon. That makes it currently useless for the many of us in those 200+ other DMA's, but worth keeping an eye on for future additions.

Unless you use a VPN to change your IP's location ;)
Be careful you guys it is Geo location just to let you know when you use the app this morning you give a email and password and you can activate the app on your phone or computer just to let you know

Be careful you guys it is Geo location just to let you know when you use the app this morning you give a email and password and you can activate the app on your phone or computer just to let you know

The Hopper doesn't have GPS capability, so they are either using Dish's physical location records for your account, or your IP's location. Or I suppose it might use your phone's GPS location when it authenticates. That can be spoofed as well, though. I have a rooted Android phone in the drawer with a Geo spoofing app for just this purpose.

The Hopper doesn't have GPS capability, so they are either using Dish's physical location records for your account, or your IP's location. Or I suppose it might use your phone's GPS location when it authenticates. That can be spoofed as well, though. I have a rooted Android phone in the drawer with a Geo spoofing app for just this purpose.
You can the ap on roku and skip the whole dish network part

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Hello my friends dish added the locast app on the hopper 3 DVR alot of us did the beta version of the app and now it has gone live for the folks wondering what locast is here is their website you can check out they have many more cities two more going live real soon balitmore and Miami.

Home - Locast
Have a great day

Allen bluegras

I have Plutotv & xumo on my Roku. They are a nice addition. Plus there are a few others like that. locast is a great service, but they just are not in enough areas. Hopefully if Portland OR is added, if the viewer is in the DMA then we can get it. Live on the OR Coast.

Reactions: bluegras
I have Plutotv & xumo on my Roku. They are a nice addition. Plus there are a few others like that. locast is a great service, but they just are not in enough areas. Hopefully if Portland OR is added, if the viewer is in the DMA then we can get it. Live on the OR Coast.
totally agree with you on that locast is great service for those folks who cannot get locals over the air they just need to expand to other DMAs which means more money i hope it happens in the future.Plutotv,xumo and chromecast would be great on the hopper 3 dvr.

totally agree with you on that locast is great service for those folks who cannot get locals over the air they just need to expand to other DMAs which means more money i hope it happens in the future.Plutotv,xumo and chromecast would be great on the hopper 3 dvr.

Having the older vip211k, I do not have streaming options with the receiver, so I bought a Roku (2 or them in use), Chomecast as well as the Fire TV. Streamers are inexpensive and there are so many free services up there. I have Dish Anywhere on the Fire TV and it works well. Having a sub to a channel on Dish gives me a free app to get channels streaming. So it is the best of both worlds for me.

Home - Locast
Have a great day

Allen bluegras

It's also on the Hopper2/sling as I've just noticed it. But as stated in some of the other posts I can't use it because I'm not close to those cities.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts