Locast (legal) Roku channel

I’ve heard of them - but nobody has been able to get one to work with Locast. What one are you using? Are you able to get NYC?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Some VPN providers will get theirs to work if you contact them. But I agree I tried my NYC and Chicago VPN's but Locast does not recognize I am in the city chosen. (Google maps shows me in the city, all else points to me being there but not locast)

Your browser is probably
I’ve heard of them - but nobody has been able to get one to work with Locast. What one are you using? Are you able to get NYC?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
The browser is probably revealing the real location. Have to use VPN AND install a location spoofer extension in the browser, AND use a fixed location in the spoofer. "Location Guard" can be used with Firefox. You also have to register before you can watch what is a rather poor picture quality ... at least in NY it is.

The browser is probably revealing the real location.
How is it doing that?

There are ways to look for cookies from services that you may be a member of but generally, location is done through geolocation, not by your browser coughing up your address, zip code or anything else substantially identifying.

Here's an interesting web tool to try:

What every Browser knows about you

The site says that I'm logged into Flickr, but I don't have a Flickr account.

Been there. It reported I was on flickr also ... but I am not.

Before I used Location Guard, Locast still thought I wasn't in NYC even though ip address was.

Browsers use javascript and Google/Microsoft/Apple location service apis. Yeah, uses geolocation as well as other info. The browser will store where these services think you are ... right location or wrong. Firefox stores it using a setting in about:config "geo.wifi.uri" . You can actually replace that with a local file of appropriate content to spoof an exact location according to this:

How To Disable Or Fake Your Location In Firefox, Internet Explorer & Chrome

There is another alternative that works both in Firefox and Chrome, but you will need to do some editing of files to make it happen.

The way these geolocation services work is by requesting a file from Google which then responds with your location in JSON format. To fake this in Firefox, you can create a file on your computer with this text:

{"location":{"latitude":48.861426,2.338929,"longitude":2.338929, "accuracy":20.0}}
You can find this location by locating it in Google Maps or any other maps program that supports Latitude and Longitude. Google maps generates a link that looks like the following:

hxxp://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=48.861426,2.338929&spn=0.011237,0.02787
In this case the first number is the latitude and the second the longitude.

You can place this in a plain text file on your computer, then update the Firefox setting in about:config named geo.wifi.uri to the location on your computer.

Holy smokes.... Locast is awesome. I get the following from Houston:
- ABC
- CBS
- NBC
- Fox
- CW
- PBS
- My20
- Ion
- Multiple Spanish channels

Someone from another market give it a shot and see if it routes to your nearest market... or does it only work in certain zip codes?

Surprised this isn't getting more buzz.

How is it doing that?

There are ways to look for cookies from services that you may be a member of but generally, location is done through geolocation, not by your browser coughing up your address, zip code or anything else substantially identifying.

Here's an interesting web tool to try:

What every Browser knows about you

The site says that I'm logged into Flickr, but I don't have a Flickr account.
It says I am logged into flicker as well, which I don't have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts