Location free TV for Windows Mobile Phone

poppasnoop

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
I just purchased a Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 phone, which employs Windows Mobile. There was software to use the Sony Location Free TV with WinMo smartphones, but it appears to be no longer available:(. Does anyone know where I can purchase/download the software? It was a third party application from NetFront. Thanks.

I bought a Sony Location Free box a few months ago to compare it to the Slingbox Pro. The specs looked cool. I liked how it has a built-in wireless card and it seemed to have a better picture within the same network than the Slingbox.

But it seems to be VERY poorly supported and it has made me a VERY reluctant to ever buy anything from Sony again. It's funny how they say on the box that is has a Windows Mobile client only to find out after you bought it, another company charged for it and then it was discontinued. A little false advertising IMHO.

I haven't had any luck finding the mobile client and I've have seen a bunch of posts on the net from people offering $30 and more for it. I think if they aren't going to sell it, they should give the mobile software to Location Free owners for free since it is only compatible with our units... and it was advertised as being available on the Location Free box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts