Locked channels not asking for password, displayed in SD

Sphagnum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2008
So I have Cinemax in HD (DishHD package) and I locked out the Max channel (310) so that only Max-W shows up in my programming guide. (Just trying to get rid of duplicate channels) I locked the channel and then under "Locks" in the menu, told it not to display locked channels. But my confusion is if you type in the channel number (310) it will still go to the channel without asking the password but will only display it in SD.

This isn't really that big of a deal, but I'm just curious why it displays an HD channel in SD and why it doesn't ask for a password. If I record something off that channel and then try to watch it from the DVR, it asks for a password..... wtf? If I have my programming guide display locked channels then try going directly to the channel, it will ask for the password... it's only when the channel isn't displayed in the programming guide that it doesn't ask for it...

Anyone have this happen?

Btw, this is a 622 receiver...

So I have Cinemax in HD (DishHD package) and I locked out the Max channel (310) so that only Max-W shows up in my programming guide. (Just trying to get rid of duplicate channels) I locked the channel and then under "Locks" in the menu, told it not to display locked channels. But my confusion is if you type in the channel number (310) it will still go to the channel without asking the password but will only display it in SD.

This isn't really that big of a deal, but I'm just curious why it displays an HD channel in SD and why it doesn't ask for a password. If I record something off that channel and then try to watch it from the DVR, it asks for a password..... wtf? If I have my programming guide display locked channels then try going directly to the channel, it will ask for the password... it's only when the channel isn't displayed in the programming guide that it doesn't ask for it...

Anyone have this happen?

Btw, this is a 622 receiver...

The SD channel versions of the HD channels have the same number. You need to lock out both 310's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts