Locked events in DVR recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tsduke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Iowa
I recently dropped Starz and since doing so anything I recorded on Starz HD shows as a locked event in the recordings. I can still watch them, but i have to use my code first.

Is this normal and is there anyway to permanantly unlock them?

I have locked the channels in the 350 range, but the 94XX channel has been locked out since the map down came out to keep the guide cleaned up.

All the recordings would have been recorded using 350, but I wonder if having the 94XX channel locked out could be causing the locks.

I think you can lock a recorded event so it's never deleted (that is, older events are rolled off I think once you reach your hard drives capacity limit; these 'locked' events won't).

I don't think locked DVR events are related to locked channels.

I noticed too since the last big software change on my 622 that all of my previously recorded events showed up as locked. Kind of annoying since you had to go into each one and unlock it to even see what it is. I do think you can 'unlock' these by turning off the system locks, but that's not really desirable either.

I think you can lock a recorded event so it's never deleted (that is, older events are rolled off I think once you reach your hard drives capacity limit; these 'locked' events won't).

I don't think locked DVR events are related to locked channels.

I noticed too since the last big software change on my 622 that all of my previously recorded events showed up as locked. Kind of annoying since you had to go into each one and unlock it to even see what it is. I do think you can 'unlock' these by turning off the system locks, but that's not really desirable either.

That's "protected", not locked if I remember correctly.

I archived one of them to the external drive and it no longer shows as locked event in the list, but still requires the code to start it.

I still don't like it, but I guess I can live with it.

IIRC, all event returned from the external drive are marked protected.
I suspect this is to prevent overwriting them when too many are being returned.
Of course, that does not protect those that were never moved.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)