Status
Not open for further replies.

James

2004 NL MVP
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
Oakland Tribune Article
FREMONT -- Logitech has hit the half billion mark for its computer mouse.
The Fremont-based company recently shipped off its 500 millionth mouse. That's 964 train cars full of computer mice or 10 times the length of the Great Wall of China if the mice were stacked end to end.

As Logitech notes, the computer device that sits alongside computers in homes and businesses across the world has become an important component for computer users.

"Well, 500 million anything is a pretty significant milestone," said David Henry, senior vice president of the control devices business unit at Logitech. "The computer mouse is the core of our business. Logitech has had tremendous success in the last five years and the mouse has a lot to do with it."

I counted at my office today, there are 145 mice in an office of 45 people (including 3 serial mice). I must have at least 10 at home...

Stupid Question # 379

Why do you own 10 mice? Do one or more have specailized functions?

OK That was two questions.

Geronimo said:
Stupid Question # 379

Why do you own 10 mice?
I guess I'm a computer pack rat. :D

Do one or more have specailized functions?
Not really other than a wheel in some of them. I have one of those old MS Home mice in the shape of a house. No ergonomics whatsoever, but its a cool collectors item. I also have a couple apple ADB (Apple Desktop Bus, Apple's version of a serial connection) mice, but since apple doesn't use ADB anymore they are worthless to me.

My mouse went bad today, just back home from Wal-Mart where I purchased on of those 500mil. a Logitech optical. So far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)