Name the companies with the worst CSR service.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
TiVo and SiriusXM by and far I have had the worst experiences with them. Trying to do OTA lineup updates with TiVo over the phone is awful. It's like talking to wall explaining to them the differences between channel frequencies and physical channel. I swear lots of time they think I'm saying that the channel is in the wrong location. One time I called to get the affiliate corrected on a channel, and I told the CSR that the channel was incorrectly listed as "NBC" and all he did was argue with me when I tried to explain that and he wouldn't take notes or anything. I hung up and got the same guy two more times. I then asked for his supervisor and I really complained. Nowadays I only file lineup reports online because their phone support is awful. And on SiriusXM, they know nothing about their lineups or products, all they know is how to activate a radio and that's all they basically know how to do. I remember asking a SiriusXM about the MIRGE model radio and the idiot thought I was talking about the merger between the two companies. TiVo and SiriusXM are the worst companies when it comes to CSRs.

Who are the worst companies' CSRs in your opinions? You can explain your situations if you want, but you don't have to.

I'd have to put any of the Google (and its subdivisions) services at the top of my list. They don't provide much in the way of contact options and the style of their documentation is not consumer-oriented.

Microsoft has more contact options but they also do their damnedest to direct you to their deplorable "community" forum that is filled with thousands of unsatisfactory -- and often duplicate -- non-answers. Their search features leave a whole lot to be desired as well. This, in combination with their inscrutable policies, makes for a pretty bad experience.

DiSH set a gold standard back in the day.
Was that the same day that the Denver Post sighted them for the worst in the country in a front cover below the fold scathing article and JDPowers awarded them for the best.

I talked to the person who authorized the award. All he had to say was, "Anything can be bought!" I have to laugh every time I see an ad touting how many JDP awards somebody has.

Was that the same day that the Denver Post sighted them for the worst in the country in a front cover below the fold scathing article and JDPowers awarded them for the best.

I talked to the person who authorized the award. All he had to say was, "Anything can be bought!" I have to laugh every time I see an ad touting how many JDP awards somebody has.
I remember back around when DiSH was starting up I looked up Echostar with the BBB, and a report out of Denver/Boulder said its president was a "Charles Egren" and that there had been numerous unresolved complaints.

As to J. D. Power, it's not an award for good CSRs but rather customer satisfaction. Well, who was out there taking care of DiSH customers, in their homes, to a greater percentage of their customers than rival DTV? Dealers. DTV was much more in the big-box store, try to install it yourself mold. Charlie couldn't even get into the big boxers because DTV had beaten him to them all and gotten exclusives. But OH, did he ever wanna be!

So most of at least the earlier DiSH signups were handled through local dealers who were already there doing C-band. They sussed out viewing needs, then did a quality installation and run through with the customer, and were locally on-call for questions or problems. Plus it didn't hurt that DiSH rates were pretty low. It all added up when they got surveyed for satisfaction.

Oh, did Charlie crow about his J. D.'s. But he never acknowledged where they really came from. He was still trying to get into big-boxers and starting to push self-installation, while slamming dealers with more & more hardships.

. . . As to J. D. Power, it's not an award for good CSRs but rather customer satisfaction. . . .

The reason that sticks in my mind is it was for "The Best Customer Service" and the timing was curious. That's why I spent time hunting down where this came from.