Logitech Revue only 79 dollars this weekend only!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
without a doubt it is worth it..Dont let the naysayers convince you otherwise..

if you are into integrating tv/your media/the internet, then this is the best way to do it right now, and at 79 dollars, its more than worth it..
and, if you have an android phone, you can control the logitech from your phone as well, assuming you have networked your media at home...

I wouldn't bother with a refurb. The price difference isn't enough to justify it in my book. I'd probably just get the bestbuy bundle since it's a much better value than the revue by itself (hopefully the marketplace will create the possibility of using the camera with more common apps).

I will say that I am using the revue much more than before since picking up the mini controller. I think it works much better than the full sized keyboard (that was just too unwieldy). The mini controller can be stored and used as if it was a second remote control. Too bad it isn't bundled with the revue instead of the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

without a doubt it is worth it..Dont let the naysayers convince you otherwise..

if you are into integrating tv/your media/the internet, then this is the best way to do it right now,

And that's the point. Great for gear-heads, but not the average Joe. That's why it died!!!

Got the update on my google revue box yesterday. I didn't see anything that great in the new applications that I had to have. I didn't have google integration so I added it and looked to see what is different. I can now see all my recordings with box art like the 922 has. This was something I missed when I traded in my 922 for a new 722k last year. I have a lot of movies on my external hard drive and now I can see them with box art and descriptions on the google box. I don't know if that is really worth an extra $4.00 a month, and I don't know if I will keep it . I used to be able to search for shows on the revue for my satellite system and it would put up descriptions and small box art , but after this update it shows nothing is available in any category for live tv. I'm going to see if I can reboot it and make it work , if not , this is a down grade for the integration feature.

Having received the new update I think Logitech made a mistake in not allowing some time to pass and to provide the new Revues. It really works great, and with over 77 apps I have discovered it has'nt even received the bulk of the apps yet to come.

It should be an optional fee. There is some functionality that you will not have unless you pay for it (like it can't search the recordings on your DVR and a couple other things) but it is at your option whether you choose to continue to pay that fee or not. You might want to consider paying it for one month and see whether or not you think the features it enables are justified. If not then simply chat/call in and have it removed.

Is there a way to use these as a Sling client, ie. it would let you add HD to your TV2 (if you located the GTV at TV2) ?

(of course I have a 622 and I'm not sure I can use the Sling Adapter anyway....)

I figure at worst, its an $80 box which has wireless, serves as a Netflix client (I have free Platinum so the BB stuff is not available to me), and also serves as a UPnP client.. so I can play media from my linux htpc.

Also it will serve as a source of HD material for my TV2.

And hopefully, being Android, will be much more flexible vs most other "media extender" type boxes (ie. AFAIK there is no upnp client for a Roku box.. you'd have to set up your own roku channel).

Certainly not the benefit one expected when this was a $300 box.. but for $80? A worthy experiment.

It should be an optional fee. There is some functionality that you will not have unless you pay for it (like it can't search the recordings on your DVR and a couple other things) but it is at your option whether you choose to continue to pay that fee or not. You might want to consider paying it for one month and see whether or not you think the features it enables are justified. If not then simply chat/call in and have it removed.

I'm not sure you can have it removed anymore with this new update for the fact that apps can now be written to take advantage of the integration. When Scott first got his beta software, the box insisted on having the integration. He had to move it to a 922 in order for the prompt to go away. I don't have a supported box myself, so I can't test to see if that is still in there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)