Logo next to link - user control?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
A feature was added at some point that puts the logo of the source page whenever someone puts a link in their post. Is there a way for the user to turn that off? Not only do I find it annoying, it actually makes it very hard for me to read posts that are heavily indexed.

Reactions: TheKrell
I thought it was just me! Of for one link in a post, but I too thought the uplink page is now very hard to read. That and the coloring on the dark theme.

The logo stuff is an add on, it makes links easier to see and is also a security feature. I have no plans of shutting it off.

However I am trying to figure out a way to turn it off in the Uplink Forum. :)

I fail to see how it ads to security. If you can't figure out how to eliminate the logo stuff in the Uplink forum, feel free to eliminate it everywhere. :D

Personally, if I am interested in a link, I hover my mouse over the link to see where it's taking me before I click on it.
The uplink forum is just the worst offender, I find it difficult to read any posts with in-line logos. But I guess I'll have to get used to it.

Reactions: TheKrell
Looks like if you use the "classic" theme/style, they're still appearing. I guess it will stay that way too.... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)