Logo

movieMark

Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Having just read the 5 pages of the recently closed thread, let me say I was amused. Did it get off topic? ABSOLUTELY! Should it have been closed. NO. I found it amusing that one of the post(ers) that wanted it closed was one of the first to take it off topic.
Not trying to start another thread of the same thing, but I did want to say that Logo should be added. TvOne as well. As far as paying for some channels that we don't watch, we all do that. I don't watch one of the most expensive, ESPN. Should it be removed? Hell yes, in my opinion, if it would reduce the bill. Unfortunately, the other half loves LSU Football and would pay any price for it anyway. So I am forced to have it. Are we all ever going to agree on every channel carried on Dish? NO. So, just remember everybody has different taste. If you don't like a certain channel, just create a favorites list and you never have to see or skip it again. Espn is not on my favorites list. Also the Military Channel (?) would never be on my list. :)
Remember to try to accept the things that you cannot change. Tv channels you can change with a press of a button on the remote.

Should it have been closed. NO
Staff decided it should be closed because it got off topic and somebody tried to bring it back on topic but they took it back off topic (way off topic) so it was closed.

Wow! I totally missed that whole discussion. As for my 2 cents, I don't see why any channel should be missing from a line-up, especially if it is being backed by major players (i.e. MtV and Viacom). You know it's going to be a well maintained channel, with quality programming, not some 2 bit operation that some of our channels seem to be on E*.

Looking at their website really quick I noticed a Kylie Minogue special and a Morrissey special that I DEFINATELY would watch! In addition their movie page had them showing Mulholland Drive which is a pretty good film. So all-in-all FWIW I don't see why this channel shouldn't be added.

I vote YES! Now for those of you who think I am talking about the yankee channel, sorry. (I wouldn't want anyone to think I was trying to get things off topic!;) ) Logo Now!

Last edited:
You mean Viacom, the company that starts cable channels, gets them on MSOs and then substantially changes the format?

Like MTV, VH-1, and Spike to just name 3?

Yes, I remember when MTV actually played music.

I remember those days on MTV also. The problem is, that as much as some us older folks complain of the change, MTV still kills with its target demo. Being friends with teachers of all grades, the MTV shows are all their students talk about, so obviously their "changes" haven't hurt them much.

Weezknight said:
I remember those days on MTV also. The problem is, that as much as some us older folks complain of the change, MTV still kills with its target demo. Being friends with teachers of all grades, the MTV shows are all their students talk about, so obviously their "changes" haven't hurt them much.

That is EXACTLY the problem.

They got a 1 Rating Playing music and all the Non-Music shows pulled in 2 Ratings.

And btw, they don't pull a 2 Rating anymore. Also, they REALLY don't KILL in their target demo either.

But regardless, that is why the music disappeared.

MSOs are even more reluctant to put on channels who's formats have a tendency to change in midstream and Viacom has a history of this.

Technically you could add Nick to this list as they split the channel and did Nick at Night for half the day.

Last edited:
Kirby Baker said:
Careful, you are giving away your age now! ;)

I remember MTV when they played videos...I was 6 then when it came on the air :D

Remember when the only non video show was Remote Control (god that show kicked ass).

Then MTV stopped playing videos and they created MTV2, which had videos and thats it...now they f**ked with that channel and added more crap.

VH1 classic had just videos...now they are the VH1 dumping ground.

Iceberg said:
I remember MTV when they played videos...I was 6 then when it came on the air :D

Remember when the only non video show was Remote Control (god that show kicked ass).

Then MTV stopped playing videos and they created MTV2, which had videos and thats it...now they f**ked with that channel and added more crap.

VH1 classic had just videos...now they are the VH1 dumping ground.
yeah right:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)