Long time Sub with dumb questions.

NickDowns

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 9, 2005
Okay I've been waiting for months for this day with a brand new HD in the basement here in State College, PA. Just bought an antenna and tried it out last night get CBS, ABC and one its up NBC in HD and Fox OTA in SD as they are not even transmitting in HD yet here. Now with the new rules for current subscribers I want to know how much more I"ll pay for exchanging my 625 (which I'm leasing) for a 622. I have the 200 pack and I already autopay.

1. Is it 99.99 to get the new box then? And does that also include an install fee?

2. I've just reupped for a year already. Could I talk them into 18 months and will that give me some sort of break?

3. Can I drop my locals in SD since we don't get them in HD and just run the OTA antenna in the box and it will record in HD or do I have to continue to subscribe to them for it to recognize them?

4. At the end of the day how much will my bill be really going up? I figured $20 a month but I"m not sure now.

Cheers and thanks so much for a great site. Scott you do a heck uva job!!!:up

Preface this with a...I'm no DISH Expert but my experience was...

1. If you haven't gotten new equipment in a year (Dish'n It Up) then yes...you pay $149 with a $50 credit (on your bill I suppose). When I did it, the only thing I paid was for the receiver itself. Not sure if that was because of the DHPP.

2. They are real stingy with the upfront cost of the receiver. Even when I emailed the ceo, they wouldn't budge on the price of the 622.

3. You could definitely drop your locals but I kept mine because it gives you so many more DVR'ing option. On Monday night at 9 I record 24, Heroes, and Girlfiends at the same time. IF you don't have locals with dish, you could only record 1 of those programs. To receive the EPG, you are right, you will need to subscribe to the locals thru DISH.

4. Yes...I believe u'll just be adding the "HD Pack" which will cost you $20. You are already paying the DVR fee and leased receiver fee, right?

<===stands to be corrected but that is my experience.

Yes I'm pretty much paying right now about 68 bucks a month with a 622 and my locals, dvr fee and 200 package. Now I'm paid up for the next 10 months so i don't know how they'd handle that. I'm starting to think I'm paying too much actually because the way I read the Dish DVR advantage it was 49.99/month and then 20 bucks on top of that for HD but maybe that's where these hidden fees come in with the DVR and lease fee? Which with my math would bump it up to 80/month. Or is this a new rate? They are doing a lousy and I mean lousy job of explaining this thing to exhisting subs. And Charlie wonders why people are leaving Dish!!!

They are doing a lousy and I mean lousy job of explaining this thing to exhisting subs. And Charlie wonders why people are leaving Dish!!!

I agree their packages and paricularly pricing is not easy to understand even if you read the forums!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts