Longer Recording Times

rdale

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 17, 2012
Lansing, Michigan, United States
For some reason after all these years we can select 1, 3, and 5 minute recording timer extension (why would anyone need any more than one of those three) and still CANNOT do a 3 hour extension. Baseball is back - which means rain delays and extra innings. There's no reason I can think of that we shouldn't be able to select a 3 hour setting and drop one of the smaller ones?

I have always recorded the following program on the channel showing the sporting event to fix that...
Yes this is a trick I've used on occasion. However, considering the reality of delays in sports, particularly baseball, it would be good to have greater lengths of end time to make things easier for sports watchers.

I wold also add that on some occasions I have created a manual timer to have full control of start and end times, but the OP and other baseball fans should not have to go to that trouble, IMHO. Perhaps not a lot of people would use the greatly extended end times, but it would be a good little feature meeting the needs of baseball fans.

And, what if the game is delayed for four hours?

The guide already has three hours in it for the game, so if you extend by 3 hours that's 6 hours. Suggesting that there could be a 4 hour delay is simply a lack of baseball knowledge :) The game would be postponed long before the delay got to four hours. But if Dish wants to give me a 4 hour option instead of 1.5 hour, I'm on board with that in any event.

The guide already has three hours in it for the game, so if you extend by 3 hours that's 6 hours. Suggesting that there could be a 4 hour delay is simply a lack of baseball knowledge :) The game would be postponed long before the delay got to four hours. But if Dish wants to give me a 4 hour option instead of 1.5 hour, I'm on board with that in any event.

Lack of baseball knowledge? :) Here's a list of MLB games which went well over 6 hours. I personally watched two of these games to their conclusion, both won by the Houston Astros. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ngest-major-league-baseball-games-of-all-time

Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)