Longhorn Network - Just say 'No'

Too funny! I didn't realize they were broadcasting only two games. Hey, here's to the upcoming LN television schedule:

8:00 pm - 11:00 pm: Texas vs. Rice
11:00 pm - 12:00am: Longhorn Round Up
12:00 am - 3:00 am: Texas vs. Rice
3:00 am - 4:00 am: Longhorn Round Up
4:00 am - 7:00 am: Texas vs. Rice
7:00 am - 8:00 am: Longhorn Round Up
8:00 am - 11:00 am: Texas vs. Rice
11:00 am - 12:00 pm: Longhorn Round Up
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Texas vs. Rice

Englessly loop ad nauseum...

Haha and they wonder why all the carriers aren't rushing to add the network. They are supposedly still trying to negotiate with practically every carrier but if deals aren't done by this Saturday they miss the Texas vs. Rice game. Then they have to try to sell Directv, Dish, etc.. on just one remaining football game for this season. I understand they will carry other Texas sports on the channel but Football is the big seller in this country, probably even more so in Texas.

Bevo Bailout: Why Texas and ESPN should run to the Pac-16 | sports.omaha.com
Meanwhile, UT spent its fall camp in lockdown mode, the normally-loquacious Mack Brown saving all his best lines for LHN insider peeks nobody gets to see. While the local media couldn’t talk to players for weeks, I sure did notice all the gum-flapping those players were doing in LHN promotionals. Talk about nonsense. You’re not going to talk to the Austin American-Statesman and Dallas Morning News, but you’re going to dish exclusively to some 27-year-old producer from Bristol, Conn?

Texas is a kept woman right now, a trophy for private TV viewing to a still-undefined audience. Meanwhile, ESPN expects UT to burn every bridge it has by co-opting Texas high school football as its own? Jeebus. It’s another $15 million per year, yes. But it’s not worth all that.

Too funny...the Longhorns played Rice this weekend and nobody noticed...also, nobody saw it and it wasn't even the biggest game played in Texas. I don't know how the Big 12/ESPN/UT are going to recover from this fiasco but I sure am glad nobody is drinking the LHN kool-aid nor subscribing to this channel.

I think that Boone Pickens put it well.

OSU's Boone Pickens chides Texas, predicts Big 12's demise
"The network could have been the straw that broke the camel's back," Pickens said.

Dodds "is a friend of mine," Pickens said. "But DeLoss had too many cards and he played every damn one of them. I think that's too bad. You get tired of saying ‘aaah' while you get something shoved down your throat."
and Missouri head coach Gary Pinkel
Missouri coach Gary Pinkel said Friday, "You don't hear anything about any other league in the country having these kinds of problems. We all know where it starts."

No offense. I see the network as a failure too, but I haven't seen it do anything else but make A&M the laughing stock of college football.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

No they're not. Maybe that is the notion that that Big 12 commish wants to spin, but everyone knows that the big 12 is over because of Texas and ESPN.

No they're not. Maybe that is the notion that that Big 12 commish wants to spin, but everyone knows that the big 12 is over because of Texas and ESPN.

That's pretty much my take on the matter...of course, you can toss piss-poor Big 12 leadership into the culpability mix; a lethal combination of greed, arrogance and ignorance. Nebraska and A&M are byproducts and, as such, a lot of blame and dispersions will be cast their way by the soon to be defunct Big 12 and their pundits.

How does ESPN kill The Big 12 Network? Im not trying to be a cheerleader for the Longhorn Network, I just dont know how they did that. It doesnt surprise me with a lack of programming having a channel, cough, NFL Network, cough. I just dont understand why there is so little programming on a channel with ESPN supporting it? Its like what I said in an above post. I mean outside of Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri etc. does anyone care about The Longhorn Network?

I also think that if The Longhorn Network had programming on it, its a different story. But from what has posted here, theres nothing on that channel that you cant see on ESPN, ESPNU and the family of networks.

How does ESPN kill The Big 12 Network? Im not trying to be a cheerleader for the Longhorn Network, I just dont know how they did that. It doesnt surprise me with a lack of programming having a channel, cough, NFL Network, cough. I just dont understand why there is so little programming on a channel with ESPN supporting it? Its like what I said in an above post. I mean outside of Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri etc. does anyone care about The Longhorn Network?

I also think that if The Longhorn Network had programming on it, its a different story. But from what has posted here, theres nothing on that channel that you cant see on ESPN, ESPNU and the family of networks.

That's not really true. I don't think you can see most of the stuff on that channel on the rest of the the ESPN family of Networks. The 2 live games they are supposed to be carrying and their Texas based shows aren't on the other Networks. The thing is that the majority of the country just doesn't care though. Only the hardcore Texas fans are going to care that they missed the Texas vs. Rice game or an exclusive interview with Mack Brown.

Like I said earlier in this post, I agree that the channel was a terrible idea that most of the country doesn't care about. If it was similar to the Big Ten Network and covered the whole conference with exclusive games every week I'm sure it would have been successful. One school just can't offer enough programing when all of their biggest games are already under contract with other channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts