Longhorn Network

Does anyone out side of Austin or the State of Texas really care?

Not many I'd say but for any that do, it's up & running as of a few minutes ago. My dentist is a huge fan & is switching to Dish just for the access. Myself? I can hardly wait for the SEC Network to kick off.

As far as the HD thing goes, all I can find is an interview with a Dish spokesman who said the channel will, at least initially, carry split programming with only football games in HD & all other SD. He did leave the door open for the possibility of additional HD in the future.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:
LNH now on Dish, but well have to get used to SD outside of sporting events, i had a feeling it was gonna get the RSN treatment. as Dish tends to only show the games in HD and all other RSN content on the RSN channels stay in SD.

Edit: and the uplink report isn't up yet, looks like Scott's gonna have to kick the computer.

The uplinks have been happening late the past few weeks... not sure why.

But I did get a list of todays uplinks and am surprised to see that Longhorn Network is only going to be in SD. While BuzzerBeater / Goal Line will be in HD.

No idea why that is.

Maybe Longhorn Network was a must carry for the Disney/Dish deal but was not required to be in HD all the time. That kinda sucks though. I'll bet SEC network is handled the same way when it debuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD is all the Longhorn Network deserves (IMO). Fair is fair and if a whole conference (PAC12) can't get full-time HD then one school surely doesn't deserve to hog the bandwidth, either.

I dream of a day where it's ALL in HD . . . (channeling my inner bluegras).

It's breaking up badly..... I don't intend to watch it anyway as long as it's SD. If, it goes to HD I might watch a football game or two each season, that's it....

If it's only in SD, then what's the point?

I agree, however, that Pac-12 deserves a full time HD channel before this one does. Not all the sports can be shown live on Pac-12 (sometimes they open up an alternate channel, sometimes not) and the only thing worse than watching a replay is watching a replay in SD. And I also hope that the SEC Channel is full-time HD on startup.

I heard today sec channel will be sd only on dish.

I do not believe that Dish is crazy enough to put out flyers in neighborhoods promoting the SEC Network and then make it SD-only. There will be holy hell to pay if they sucker people in for a standard definition channel that will likely be on other providers within few months to a year in HD.

SD has been dead to me for a long time now. Program providers need to get this through their heads. NO HD then it will never be on my TV.

you don't understand, there are people still using the SD technology, that's why SD channnels haven't been phased out yet. it could take another few years before SD is retired and phased out.

Just today I dumped my last SD 32" dinosaur. It was replaced with a 42" LED HDTV. That said, a Joey provided a picture for that Tyrannosaurus Rex. It was OK, but it is a much better picture now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)