Longtime Dish Customer- ready to research upgrades

Canceled the Wednesday install. Wouldn't give me a cancellation confirmation # nor an email "because the system is not setup that way". Well, the system is sure set up where I got 3 emails notifying me of my new service!

Come Wednesday morn if I see a DirectTV truck show up at my gate they'll be welcomed with a shotgun and a german shepard that doesn't take kindly to strangers.

I got the straight poop from setting up a package as a new customer on the DTV website. Simple, straightforward and completely accurate. Why anyone would want to deal with a commissioned salesperson who is either going to hide the truth or make human mistakes is beyond me.

I did too but it took me 3 additional calls to get all the info I wanted which included equipment usage, value, dish siting and other tech questions. While I had a live person on line tried to work the deal and you can see what happened.

...if I see a DirectTV truck show up at my gate they'll be welcomed with a shotgun and a german shepard that doesn't take kindly to strangers.
Great idea ! You know, because simply telling the guy, "I cancelled the installation, sorry they didn't tell you" certainly wouldn't work.

Reactions: ChadT41
Canceled the Wednesday install. Wouldn't give me a cancellation confirmation # nor an email "because the system is not setup that way". Well, the system is sure set up where I got 3 emails notifying me of my new service!

Come Wednesday morn if I see a DirectTV truck show up at my gate they'll be welcomed with a shotgun and a german shepard that doesn't take kindly to strangers.

How is this the installer who shows up fault?

Reactions: ChadT41
Been a Dish customer for many moons- over 10 years- I currently have a VIP 622 in living room and a VIP612 in the bedroom. I watch mainly local channels and home/cooking channels. I am paying 80 dollars a month in Dish. Wondering if it's time to upgrade to some new technology. I have: nice surround system with a programmed Universal remote (I know I will have to pay the price for my local entertainment installer to come reprogram it for about 100 dollars) I have Netflix, wifi, etc. Just wonder what benefits I would get and the cost of upgrading to some newer technology. Also, wondering if it would be worth it to wait for the SlingTV before I do anything. I do have an outdoor mounted HD antenna for locals. Just don't currently use it. HELP??

Let's talk monthly fees. With your current system, not looking at programming, you pay this:

DVR fee: $7
HD Solo DVR: $10 (for the 612, the 622 is the main receiver and no charge)

How many TVs do you have? It sounds like only 2? My numbers below are based on 3 TVs, if you use only 2, take $7 off (I will note it in parentheses)

If you go Hopper/Joey, you would either go Hopper/Joey/Joey, or Hopper/Super Joey/Joey. The difference? The first has 3 tuners. The second has 5 tuners for only $3 more. The fees:

DVR fee: $12
Super Joey: $10
Joey: $7

That system would be $12 more per month (or $5 more if you only have 2 TVs, you'd do Hopper/Super Joey). Using Hopper/Joey/Joey would be $9 more per month ($12/$7/$7) than our current fees ($7/$10) (or only $2 more if you use Hopper/Super Joey)

Programming, there may be a lower-cost option to keep locals and the home/cooking channels. Depends on specifically which ones you have to have.

Reactions: janis5151

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)