Longtime Dish Customer- ready to research upgrades

@Mark609...last I heard, DirecTV only allows one Genie per acct ( and one Genie is 5 tuners )...maybe you meant a Genie and a client ( but the tuner count of 4 in your post still doesn't reconcile ).

@Mark609...last I heard, DirecTV only allows one Genie per acct ( and one Genie is 5 tuners )...maybe you meant a Genie and a client ( but the tuner count of 4 in your post still doesn't reconcile ).

He's probably getting 2 HR24's, which would be 4 tuners.

Ah...you are probably correct ( for whatever reason...initial equipment costs ? ).

Make a deel wit ya. I'll git a spel chekker iff u git a life.

I have a life, but with be married to an English teacher things like grammar and misspelling are pet peeves of mine. I have no issue with misspelling words occasionally because that's just human nature but after seeing you spell negotiation wrong the same exact way three different times it just seemed a bit odd. Don't get me started with people who never use their turning signals. ;)

Don't know what to tell you. I do know that one's credit report carries a lot of weight and ours is about as good as it gets. Having said that, you've raised a flag. They told me it would go up only $10/mo. after one month. I'll check it out.

Is your equipment wired or wireless? Perhaps that's what's going on. Mine is wired.
Nope, credit has nothing to do with it. Mine is also way above 800. The equipment fee is the same for 2 TVs whether you have a Genie and client or 2 HR24s. The Select package is 19.99 for the first 12 months and then 49.99 after month 12. That is the standard new customer promo.

SELECT
$20 Bill Credit for Months 1-12
Extra $10 Bill Credit for Months 1-12
$49.99
-$20.00
-$10.00

Equipment Fees
Advanced Receiver Service $15.00
Tvs (2 TVs) $12.00
Equipment Fees Subtotal: $27.00

I thought the equipment fee's were going up to $6.50. Are you sure that's not the prices prior to the increase, because they had a disclaimer on their own sign up page saying it was going up next month.

This is how it was explained to me. All input welcome.

Equipment is one wired Genie DVR in the home theater, one cable coming in from the dish. One Genie mini in the master bedroom, another cable coming in from the dish. Both are HD receivers.

COST:

Select 130+ $29.99
Receiver fees - 12.00 (6.00 ea)
Receiver enhancement fees, same fee for one or 8 - 15.00
Total: $56.99
-10.00 off for first year
46.99 for first year

2nd year and thereafter add $10/mo. or 56.99/mo.

Question, should I cover my butt and get this in writing? Telecommunication contracts are drafted in such a way to protect the industry, not the consumer. Witness the Dish programming debacles regarding AMC, TCM, CBS, CNN and now Fox News Network.

The Select package is regularly priced at $49.99 all by itself. New customers get $30 off for 12 months. After that it's $49.99 plus all the equipment fees, etc. And there is a price increase next month that will raise receiver fees to $6.50 each, among other increases.

You better do your homework because what you posted is not at all what you'll pay.

Thanks, and you're right. Goes up to $76.99/mo. plus taxes after 12 mos.

I swear they told me, based on my notes, that the increase would only be $10.

Thanks, and you're right. Goes up to $76.99/mo. plus taxes after 12 mos.

I swear they told me, based on my notes, that the increase would only be $10.
So, now that you have the truth, do you still plan on switching?

Check this out from Jasmin of Davis, CA on Jan. 2, 2015, 5th post down. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cable_tv/directv.htm

Same bait/switch thing that happened to me. I don't know who to trust in this business. They're all as crooked as a dog's hind leg and that includes Dish. If I can't get it in writing spelled out 1,2,3, am canceling my install. No one, not even used car salesmen, get away with this crap.

I hate federal regulation or most forms for government intervention, but some consumer protection authority needs to take folks like Dish and Direct to task.

I got the straight poop from setting up a package as a new customer on the DTV website. Simple, straightforward and completely accurate. Why anyone would want to deal with a commissioned salesperson who is either going to hide the truth or make human mistakes is beyond me.

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)