Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Satellite Guys, you will hear it first !

Several major anchor channels will be shifting around on AMC4 / Galaxy19 during the next few months and a new Christian Channel is launching on Galaxy19. We are not at liberty to publicly disclose the broadcasters at this time, but we are planning several major announcements during next Satellite Guys radio broadcast on March 2nd at 8pm EST.

We will also be discussing the upcoming replacement of the AMC4 with the new SES1 satellite and the new projected footprint. We have also invited several uplink engineers and an uplink provider to join us from the floor of the NRB National Religious Broadcasters Convention to talk about the other end of our hobby and answer your questions.

Thanks Scott!

Well, the demise of Setanta will free up one transponder and bandwidth on two or three others. I'm anxious to see what happens when we get a satellite with full capacity usable at 101W though. It would be nice to see it carrying as many channels as 97W :)

SES 1 satellite is scheduled to be launched April 24th 2010 on Proton rocket. It will also replace AMC 2 besides AMC 4.
Here are the specs:
C-Band
Repeater: Two groups of 16-for-12 SSPAs
SSPA Power: 20 W RF
Antennas: 2.3m dual gridded shaped deployable reflector

Ku-Band
Repeater: Two groups of 16-for-12 linearized TWTAs
TWTA Power: 90 W RF
Antennas: 2.3m dual gridded shaped deployable reflector

Stabilization: 3-axis stabilized
Launch Mass: 3,170 kg (6,989 lb.)
Mission Life: 15 years (fueled for >16 years)

Tonight's show went great, and I am already looking forward to next weeks show to see what surprises Brian might have for us. :)

The 3ABN family of channels is now up on 97W on 11842 H, SR 22000. That's a huge jump in SR. (They're also still at the old location on 101W.)

Wake me if there's an announcement of BBC World News or Worship Network mixed in there somewhere. :)

Hey, I just joined the 6K club! Whee!

Last edited:
BBC or France 24 would be nice....Sorry but we've got all the major religions covered on KU pretty much already. Something new and different would be nice. Blind

Wake me if there's an announcement of BBC World News or Worship Network mixed in there somewhere. :)

Hey, I just joined the 6K club! Whee!
I used to enjoy WN as background. I know they had a loop running, but I still miss them since SkyAngel bolted from DBS. Yes, I know they are on C-band, but I move every couple years... ;)

Hey guys,
Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your broadcast and thanks to Scott for putting the link on here. God bless!

New MUX up on G19 at 11742 H 22000. Will be filling with AMC4 transfers and new channels over the next week or so. In several months when SES1 replaces AMC4, more FTA services will be filling the new satellite. SES1 will have a more confined footprint, but offer excellent coverage in Canada and the US.

So far confirmed G19 TP #6 channels are:
3ABN English
3ABN Latino
3ABN Radio
Radio 74
LLBN English
LLBN Arabic
LLBN Chinese
Amazing Discoveries
Amazing Facts

More may be announced tomorrow.

AMC4 101W will remain lit with these channels for several months as the viewers are moved over. We estimate approximately 150,000 re-aims!

INSTALLERS: Register on FTA Install as this is where we will be referring all re-aims to locate a local technician to assist with the reaim.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)