Look for Action on KU 101w and 97W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does anyone know when HOPE Channel will be moving to G-19? I have all ready had calls from people wanting me to re-aim their dish from AMC-4 to G-19 so they won't miss 3ABN when they quit uplinking on AMC-4 around May 1st. If I reaim and rescan before HOPE moves They will not be able to watch HOPE. On the other hand I don't plan to wait until the last second to start re-aiming dishes because I expect a tidal wave of calls from 3ABN viewers.

I did send an e-mail request to HOPE channel but so far no reply or mention of the move on their webpage.

I guess I was wrong
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...satelliteguys-hear-first-glorystar-forum.html

I know...kinda weird they're on that many TP's

95W is weird as its mixed in with some chinese channels and scrambled horse racing stuff

I think HOPE channel and 3ABN should be on the same satellite. Someone is making a marketing mistake. I feel most single dish Adventist viewers will follow
3abn to the new satellite.

Hope channel news release re: G-19

Dear Friends,

NOTE: This message is applicable only for Hope Channel, Esperanza TV, and Hope Church Channel viewers in North and Inter-America watching on the AMC 4 satellite. This message does not affect viewers watching Hope Channel online, on a Glorystar dual LNB system, or on DIRECTV channel 368.

At the present time, viewers do not have to change their satellite dish to continue enjoying Christ-centered, family-friendly programming on Hope Channel. Please tell your friends.

Potential Changes
We recognize the convenience to our viewers of Hope Channel, Esperanza TV, and Hope Church Channel being on the same satellite with other Adventist networks such as 3ABN and LLBN.

Hope Channel is actively working through legal and budgeting issues to make it possible for Hope Channel to also be on the Galaxy 19 (G19) satellite. However, there is no hurry for viewers to make a change. You will be notified before a change is made. Should you wish to upgrade from a single LNB system to a dual LNB system that receives AMC4 and G19, please contact Adventist Satellite at 888-393-HOPE (4673).

Our Plan
Hope Channel will continue to broadcast on our current satellite – AMC4. Viewers do not need to change their satellite dish to continue to receive Hope Channel. We have been assured that AMC 4 will last for many more months. As soon as we are able to finalize arrangements, our goal is to transition to G 19. We will inform you as soon as possible once these arrangements are made.

In summary,

You do not need to change your satellite dish to continue to receive Hope Channel. Hope Channel is continuing to broadcast as normal on our current satellite.
Please watch for further announcements from Hope Channel on air, through the mail, and at Hope CHANNEL. If God providentially provides the funding and we can clear other obstacles, we will move to G19 so that everyone has the option of viewing all the Adventist channels on one satellite.
We invite your financial support. As we plan for our move to G19, significant additional funding for Hope Channel will be required.

Thank you again for your prayerful and sacrificial support of the Hope Channel network. This is an expanding ministry. We currently broadcast ten separate channels to a worldwide audience and are in the final stages of adding new satellite channels for the Middle East, Russia, India, and China. The world needs to know that Jesus is coming soon and we’re going to tell them!

Sincerely, in His service,

Brad Thorp, President

Quote from hope channel

"We invite your financial support. As we plan for our move to G19, significant additional funding for Hope Channel will be required"

WHAT? How much SIGNIFICANT funding is needed to switch from one satellite to another?

According to information from last night's chat, transponder space on G19 is more expensive than space on AMC4. It remains to be seen whether SES1 (the AMC4 replacement) will alter costs for transponder space at that orbital slot.

According to information from last night's chat, transponder space on G19 is more expensive than space on AMC4. It remains to be seen whether SES1 (the AMC4 replacement) will alter costs for transponder space at that orbital slot.
One would think it would be cheaper as there is so many using it.

According to the installers forum, more than 200,000 single satellite dishes/ FTA systems were sold to adventist to watch adventist channels on AMC-4. At an average cost of $75 to reaim the dish to G-19 the total cost to viewers is 15 million dollars to have their dishes re-aimed!

Most of these people have no idea how to do this for their self.

From what I know, the HOPE channel manages to survive with minimal support as support is far more scarce these days with our fragile economy and if somebody is so eager to see them move to G-19 then maybe they should help with donations. Hope channel is on more than one bird and costs are not limited to just the G-19 project mind you. As Brad Thorpe said, they are planning it but it takes money. What doesn't require money these days? Millions of people are starving all over the world and here we are worried about the HOPE channel moving to G-19... for crying out loud!

Another thing, in my circle of church member's who have these FTA dishes or want a dish installed, I volunteer my labor for consultation, installations, repairs or re-aims, pass on the good cheer!

Another thing, in my circle of church member's who have these FTA dishes or want a dish installed, I volunteer my labor for consultation, installations, repairs or re-aims, pass on the good cheer!

Are you registered on FTAinstall.com for Glorystar and Adventist systems?

So... What's up with the Israeli music channel on 11842? Yesterday it was an advertisement for RRSat.

AON was there for a few days but seems to be gone now.

?

AON is on now. If you're still not seeing it, re-scan -- they changed the PIDs at least once after it came on.

Trust me folks without getting political here, the denominations have the bucks. As a former pastor I've seen what comes in and what goes out. Just look at TBN for an example. Imagine the money they've spent on satellite to cover the globe etc...I won't mention other well known names but trust me the money they have is amazing. I was never in the position where much of it trickled down to me though lol....Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)