Looking at going HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Yespage

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ohio
Well, with Setanta morphing into Fox Soccer Plus, I'll be seeing a $15 credit on my bill as I won't be subscribing to FS+. So, that means going HD is probably a good idea. Looking around at the threads here has be almost scared to death to do anything, however. :eek:

So, here are the questions:

- In NE Ohio, will I need a second dish to get the HD channels, or will they just need to replace my existing dish.

- I see they may (are?) moving their HD channels to another satellite. Would this have any impact on me going to HD now verses later after the transition, i.e. what dish or dishes I'd need?

- I'll need to step up the receiver. I current have one and will just replace the one I have with an HD receiver. What is the difference, if any, with the 722 and the 722k? Leasing isn't cheap, but buying isn't the greatest either. I'm assuming that the only benefit of buying the receiver is to not have to extend my contract, correct?

- Is there any other consideration I'm not thinking of?

I currently have a Duo625 and I believe am just into the 2nd year of my two year contract. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wow! 83 views, not a single response. Was it something I said?

Well, with Setanta morphing into Fox Soccer Plus, I'll be seeing a $15 credit on my bill as I won't be subscribing to FS+. So, that means going HD is probably a good idea. Looking around at the threads here has be almost scared to death to do anything, however. :eek:

So, here are the questions:

- In NE Ohio, will I need a second dish to get the HD channels, or will they just need to replace my existing dish.

- I see they may (are?) moving their HD channels to another satellite. Would this have any impact on me going to HD now verses later after the transition, i.e. what dish or dishes I'd need?

- I'll need to step up the receiver. I current have one and will just replace the one I have with an HD receiver. What is the difference, if any, with the 722 and the 722k? Leasing isn't cheap, but buying isn't the greatest either. I'm assuming that the only benefit of buying the receiver is to not have to extend my contract, correct?

- Is there any other consideration I'm not thinking of?

I currently have a Duo625 and I believe am just into the 2nd year of my two year contract. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ok.....they will replace your dish for a 1000+ .
If they move the hd chans to another sat and you wouldnt be able to receive your chans in hd they would come out and adjust your dish for free so you could get them, dont worry about that.

The difference between a 722/722k is...the "K" has a OTA output and a coaxial output (the 722 doesnt have that) on the back upon request.

If you only have ONE rcvr duo or solo, the fee is incl in your programming package. You would only pay extra rcvr fee's if you have more than one rcvr.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Actually the OP would get a 1000.2 or 1000.4 plus an extra dish if needed depending on where their locals are.

The plus dishes just add internationals and some western locals may still be there.

Thanks for the information. Just saw the info 922 and it may be coming out soonish, but I think that'll be a bit rich for my blood... and I've pretty much integrated my laptop into the HT, so 722 will do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)