Looking for a Combiner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Abraham A Issa

Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
San Diego
I am looking for the make and model of a "Combiner" that would allow me to combine the two feeds from my dish onto a single coax and then separate it at the receiver end.

I only have one cable going to my receiver and it would be difficult to run a second cable.

Thank you very much.

I am looking for the make and model of a "Combiner" that would allow me to combine the two feeds from my dish onto a single coax and then separate it at the receiver end.

I only have one cable going to my receiver and it would be difficult to run a second cable.

Thank you very much.

It depends on the receiver, dish, LNB and switch set-up as to how many wires you need to go to the receiver. What model receiver, dish and LNB do you have?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Which dual tuner receiver? There is a thing called a separator. But I’m now confused. Are you doing this with Dish Network?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
I actually have a shaw direct dish that requires two cables to go from the LNB to the dual tuner receiver. But I only have one cable.

There is a thing called a stacker and destacker.

The ones I have seen are for a KU band LNB for Directv for example.

I’m not sure what frequencies Shaw uses that would make this work.

I’m thinking the Shaw dish may work like the old prime star dishes where the even and odd polarities required separate cables from the receiver.

There is a thing called a stacker and destacker.

The ones I have seen are for a KU band LNB for Directv for example.

I’m not sure what frequencies Shaw uses that would make this work.

I’m thinking the Shaw dish may work like the old prime star dishes where the even and odd polarities required separate cables from the receiver.

Shaw does use FSS satellites (Anik F1R, F2, and G1) they are linear polarized rather than circular like the BSS birds. I am not sure if the linear polarization can come down one cable. They are just like Primestar, as you mentioned that used the old Satcom K2 and later GE2 Ku-band. Anyone remember SkyVista that Dish ran for a while on the old Telstar 5 I think it was. Seems like it was part of the left overs of the old AlphaStar service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)