Looking for a Combiner

A

Abraham A Issa

Oct 8, 2018
San Diego
I am looking for the make and model of a "Combiner" that would allow me to combine the two feeds from my dish onto a single coax and then separate it at the receiver end.

I only have one cable going to my receiver and it would be difficult to run a second cable.

Thank you very much.

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Not gonna happen. It takes two coax.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
JSheridan

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
I am looking for the make and model of a "Combiner" that would allow me to combine the two feeds from my dish onto a single coax and then separate it at the receiver end.

I only have one cable going to my receiver and it would be difficult to run a second cable.

Thank you very much.

It depends on the receiver, dish, LNB and switch set-up as to how many wires you need to go to the receiver. What model receiver, dish and LNB do you have?

A

Abraham A Issa

Oct 8, 2018
San Diego
I actually have a shaw direct dish that requires two cables to go from the LNB to the dual tuner receiver. But I only have one cable.

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Which dual tuner receiver? There is a thing called a separator. But I’m now confused. Are you doing this with Dish Network?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

JSheridan

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
I actually have a shaw direct dish that requires two cables to go from the LNB to the dual tuner receiver. But I only have one cable.

Shaw does not use Echostar equipment like Bell Expressvu does, so I have no idea if you can combine your wires on a Shaw system. Maybe you should look for a Shaw forum. Good luck. :)

Claude Greiner

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest

There is a thing called a stacker and destacker.

The ones I have seen are for a KU band LNB for Directv for example.

I’m not sure what frequencies Shaw uses that would make this work.

I’m thinking the Shaw dish may work like the old prime star dishes where the even and odd polarities required separate cables from the receiver.

bobvick

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
There is a thing called a stacker and destacker.

The ones I have seen are for a KU band LNB for Directv for example.

I’m not sure what frequencies Shaw uses that would make this work.

I’m thinking the Shaw dish may work like the old prime star dishes where the even and odd polarities required separate cables from the receiver.

Shaw does use FSS satellites (Anik F1R, F2, and G1) they are linear polarized rather than circular like the BSS birds. I am not sure if the linear polarization can come down one cable. They are just like Primestar, as you mentioned that used the old Satcom K2 and later GE2 Ku-band. Anyone remember SkyVista that Dish ran for a while on the old Telstar 5 I think it was. Seems like it was part of the left overs of the old AlphaStar service.