Looking for a Good Technician in the Northern VA area

Status
Please reply by conversation.

victor20170

Original poster
Nov 23, 2005
Herndon, VA
Hello,

I just had my AT9 dish replaced because the 110/119 LNB went bad. The technician didn't have the same AT9 antenna I had on his truck, so he just went ahead and replaced the whole dish. According to him, he couldn't just exchange LNBs, because the antennas weren't compatible.

I used to have the AT9 made by Wistron NeWeb Corporation. I now have the one made by CalAmp Corp, which is a bit smaller.

The 101 Signal on my H20 used to be in the low to mid 80s. It's now in the low 70s. The technician says 70s is all he can get out of the AT9 antenna.... B.S.... I had a better signal before with my other dish, even my R15s were in the mid 90s. They are now in the high 80s on the 101 Satellite

Does anybody know of any good technician/company that can fine tune my Dish. I don't want to call Directv, because all their Techs seem to be more worry about leaving your house asap vs doing their job correctly. I don't care if I have to pay them out of my pocket as long as they do a good job aligning my dish.

Thanks,

Victor

dragon002 said:
where in northern va are you , that can be a big area.

Fairfax County. Herndon to be more precise.

jalegria11 said:
Maybe you know about this local company?

http://www.sat-man.com/

SAT-MAN COMMUNICATIONS! COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL EXPERTS
703-753-8724 satmancom@direcpc.com

Their website say they provide service in Herndon.

Have they ever done any installations for you? if so, are they reliable and knowledgeable.

Thanks,

Victor

Nope...

I only know "Rusty" the DirecTV tech who installed my AT-9 and H-20 two weeks ago. He did give me his cel number in case I had problems.
He has an out of state cel number, but said DirecTV was paying his stay at a local hotel while he did ONLY AT-9 and H-20 installations in northern VA for the next 2 months... He seemed to be one of the top chosen techs who travel to different states for installations. It only took him about half hour to set everything up. From aligning the dish, to leaving everything up and running.

jalegria11 said:
Nope...

I only know "Rusty" the DirecTV tech who installed my AT-9 and H-20 two weeks ago. He did give me his cel number in case I had problems.
He has an out of state cel number, but said DirecTV was paying his stay at a local hotel while he did ONLY AT-9 and H-20 installations in northern VA for the next 2 months... He seemed to be one of the top chosen techs who travel to different states for installations. It only took him about half hour to set everything up. From aligning the dish, to leaving everything up and running.

I know Rusty. He has a Texas number.

victor20170 said:
Hello,

I just had my AT9 dish replaced because the 110/119 LNB went bad. The technician didn't have the same AT9 antenna I had on his truck, so he just went ahead and replaced the whole dish. According to him, he couldn't just exchange LNBs, because the antennas weren't compatible.

I used to have the AT9 made by Wistron NeWeb Corporation. I now have the one made by CalAmp Corp, which is a bit smaller.

The 101 Signal on my H20 used to be in the low to mid 80s. It's now in the low 70s. The technician says 70s is all he can get out of the AT9 antenna.... B.S.... I had a better signal before with my other dish, even my R15s were in the mid 90s. They are now in the high 80s on the 101 Satellite

Does anybody know of any good technician/company that can fine tune my Dish. I don't want to call Directv, because all their Techs seem to be more worry about leaving your house asap vs doing their job correctly. I don't care if I have to pay them out of my pocket as long as they do a good job aligning my dish.

Thanks,

Victor

If the other Guy can't help you I can get somebody to give you a call.

Hey! so Rusty gets around!
His cell area code is 214.
If you want to contact him, let me know and I can give you his number.
First impression, seemed like a very knowledgeable and down to earth guy.

jalegria11 said:
Hey! so Rusty gets around!
His cell area code is 214.
If you want to contact him, let me know and I can give you his number.
First impression, seemed like a very knowledgeable and down to earth guy.

I know him from working up N.VA. also.

I use Consumer Antenna, started by two guys who worked for Fairfax Antenna. Give them a call and ask for Dave or Matt. Matt installed my HD dish and OTA and does an awesome job.

I've recommended them to several friends, all of which were happy customers. These guys know what their doing and you won't be disappointed. They will go the extra mile and make sure things are done right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)