Looking for a new Roku

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The more I think about it, I might give my current one to my parents and get my Sister the Roku stick (current model with 4k and a remote) whichever one that is, mainly because I could connect it to the back of the TV and it would be out of sight, seeing thier TV is hanging now.
And get myself the Premiere + ... :biggrin

Seeing I have a Roku now, I want to keep everyone using the same brand, so when questions arise, I know what they are talking about.

These are Christmas things, done early. :raspberry

Walmart was offering ridiculous closeout prices in store a week or two ago on last year's Roku models, including the Premiere+. They might be all gone now as the deal was making the rounds in Roku SM groups.

Walmart was offering ridiculous closeout prices in store a week or two ago on last year's Roku models, including the Premiere+. They might be all gone now as the deal was making the rounds in Roku SM groups.

That's where I got my second one

Last edited:
Well, I ended up getting a Premier + from Costco for $79 ... better than BB @ $99.
Also got the newest version of the stick for my Sister, I think it was also $ 69 from BB.

I'll set mine up probably tomorrow.

I'm hoping that they use the same Remote codes thruout so that I won't have to reprogram my URC 890 remote ...

Reactions: norman881
I'm hoping that they use the same Remote codes thruout so that I won't have to reprogram my URC 890 remote ...
IIRC, the Rokus are pretty much all Wi-fi controlled (versus IR) so you would need something more than just the hand-held URC remote.

IIRC, the Rokus are pretty much all Wi-fi controlled (versus IR) so you would need something more than just the hand-held URC remote.
Well, I just finished setting up the new one and my URC 890 works great with it, so the codes have not changed as of yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts