Looking for advice for small motel...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

ej00807

Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
I manage a small, fairly low-end, motel with about 20 rooms, and perhaps only 8 rooms are nice tourist rooms. Recently I learned that the cable tv provider in my small city is discontinuing service. I only have a few months to make some sort of a transition.

I'm not exactly sure what I want to do yet. I have been considering setting up 1/2 of my rooms with terrestrial antenna. I might offer those guests either Roku or Sling for additional charge and deposit.

Of course, I'd like to have at least half of my rooms with a nice satellite dish lineup. But I'm not sure whom to go with, equipment costs, programming differences.

Any advice on how to get the best deal with either dish or direct?

Will I get some discount for installing the dishes and doing line drop in advance? I want to do poll mount keeping everything off the roof. Having previously done installation work, I don't really want 'professional' installers even touching this lousy building. lol. But I'm open to your ideas about that.

I suppose you could buy your own equipment and self install. Not sure if you'd see any savings, though.

Perhaps Claude will be along shortly. This is his bailiwick.

It ain't gonna be cheap.

Rokus will introduce theft problems. Sure, this can be worked around. But do you really want guests accessing some of those private channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)