Looking for DIRT Help for Wifi Adapter

Sponge14

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
I have been given conflicting information between here and customer service. Some people here have said that a Wifi adapter should have been provided to me during install, while Customer Service keeps saying it would have cost me $25.

What happened is I let the installer use a hardwire connection temporarily to setup the Hopper. I mentioned to him at one point that it would be moved to where there was no Wifi. Towards the end of the install we had problems with my EHD, so that preoccupied me and I forgot to ask him what I would do when I need to move where Ethernet was not possible.

Can a DIRT member let me know what I need to do? The installer was a Dish employee not a contractor.

I have been given conflicting information between here and customer service. Some people here have said that a Wifi adapter should have been provided to me during install, while Customer Service keeps saying it would have cost me $25.

What happened is I let the installer use a hardwire connection temporarily to setup the Hopper. I mentioned to him at one point that it would be moved to where there was no Wifi. Towards the end of the install we had problems with my EHD, so that preoccupied me and I forgot to ask him what I would do when I need to move where Ethernet was not possible.

Can a DIRT member let me know what I need to do? The installer was a Dish employee not a contractor.

They are just required to get a broadband connection set up. Since he did, I'm sure that's why he didn't leave one. If he would have connected via wifi he would have just left you with the adapter at no cost. Now that you are trying to get one post install, it's probably going to cost you $25.