looking for dish 501/508 in good condition no balance ... is ebay my only option?

henare

Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
the title says it all ... i have a 501 already, and i've just changed jobs so i want a 501 or 508 in my kitchen for the previous evening's late nite shows ... is ebay really my only option?

Claude Greiner said:
Get a 625, you'll pay the DVR Fee but save $5/mo on the addl outlet!
umm, with only one tv in my kitchen the additional outlet doesn't do me any good.

henare said:
umm, with only one tv in my kitchen the additional outlet doesn't do me any good.

Then either you don't understand, or we are not getting what you want.
From your description you now have a 501 somewhere in the house, not in the kitchen. You want to be able to watch tv in the kitchen also. (so now in two places)

Put the 625 where the 501 is and the 625 can be watched in the original room and in the kitchen. You can either sell the 501 or keep it for future use possibly.

As an alternative (and what I would do) is get a wireless transmitter to transmit the signal from the 501 to the kitchen tv. Picture may not be quite as good, but good enough to watch occasionally and for very low cost to do. If your 501 has a UHF remote (can't remember if it is like the 508 and has UHF) then the remote will work to change the channels from the kitchen.

Last edited:
Check Overstock.com and classifieds on other DBS sites and you might find something in classifieds in your local newspaper. You could even call DISH and see if they have any remanufactured for sale. They have 501/508s coming off lease all the time of course seeing they don't get the $5.98 fee they may not want to reuse them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)