looking for info. on hook up

nightowl66

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
N.W. Ohio
I am thinking of upgrading from sd to hd with the good deals on tv's that are out there. I would like to find out how the wiring is for multiple rooms. I have called dish and always end up speaking to someone outside the US and have a hard time having a conversation with them. They keep telling be the installer will have the answers. The reason I would like answers now is it might be better to go with another provider? Is there a number I can call so I can speak to someone in the US?
I don't want HD in all rooms, just 1 HD in the house along with sd in a couple rooms and HD in the shop (cave) which is about 60' from the house. I have a buried coax out to the shop that is hooked into my tv2 now.. But from what I understand is I will need a receiver out there if I want HD?
thanks for any help

On the shop - if you want to use the coax for HD,( its easiest with cable tv)--If you buried HD Cable....you would need a booster....HD cable (24-26awg) does ok with 30ft runs... I ran a 24awg for 40feet using a booster/splitter from Monoprice.com (they have lots of stuff). I've seen HD over coax adapters but they are very pricey - HD OVER COAX - HDMI PRODUCTS
Cat 5/6 can be used to run HD signals as well.. takes up less space - many systems require two cables to be run and adapter boxes.
HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)