Looking to reconnect

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

endswell

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
My Dish service was set to expire a few weeks ago and I decided to let it expire so I could give the streaming services a try. I have a single Hopper 3 and was getting the America's Top 120 Plus package and was paying $65/month.

I've decided that the streaming services, although not bad, have a long way to go to catch-up to the level of service I was getting through Dish, so I have called Dish a couple of times to find out what kind of deal I could get to re-up. I was on-hold for 30+ minutes twice, and never got through. I didn't want to go on-line to reconnect because I'm not sure I'd get the best deal that way.

My questions for the group:
  • Is there a better way to contact Dish to reconnect? I'm surprised that I have such a hard time reaching a CS agent.
  • Thoughts on the best price I may get? Will it come with a commitment?
Thanks for any thoughts you may have!

Just thought it might be helpful to add that I still have my Hopper 3. I haven't returned it yet.

This is starting to get comical. I got a Dish "Comeback" offer in the mail on Friday. The letter had no specifics but did list a website that provided a phone number or chat icon. Since I've had such bad luck with calling, I chose the chat option. After a bit of back-and-forth, the agent said that I would have to call in order to get details. I explained my previous call history and asked if there was any way she could have a Rep call me when it was convenient for them. She said that she couldn't do that, so I called the number on the website, waited for 30 minutes and called it a day. I still haven't talked with a real person.

Thanks for letting me whine a bit. ;-)

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)