Looking to reconnect

endswell

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
My Dish service was set to expire a few weeks ago and I decided to let it expire so I could give the streaming services a try. I have a single Hopper 3 and was getting the America's Top 120 Plus package and was paying $65/month.

I've decided that the streaming services, although not bad, have a long way to go to catch-up to the level of service I was getting through Dish, so I have called Dish a couple of times to find out what kind of deal I could get to re-up. I was on-hold for 30+ minutes twice, and never got through. I didn't want to go on-line to reconnect because I'm not sure I'd get the best deal that way.

My questions for the group:
  • Is there a better way to contact Dish to reconnect? I'm surprised that I have such a hard time reaching a CS agent.
  • Thoughts on the best price I may get? Will it come with a commitment?
Thanks for any thoughts you may have!

Just thought it might be helpful to add that I still have my Hopper 3. I haven't returned it yet.

This is starting to get comical. I got a Dish "Comeback" offer in the mail on Friday. The letter had no specifics but did list a website that provided a phone number or chat icon. Since I've had such bad luck with calling, I chose the chat option. After a bit of back-and-forth, the agent said that I would have to call in order to get details. I explained my previous call history and asked if there was any way she could have a Rep call me when it was convenient for them. She said that she couldn't do that, so I called the number on the website, waited for 30 minutes and called it a day. I still haven't talked with a real person.

Thanks for letting me whine a bit. ;-)

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)