Looking to switch from DTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

detroitdh

Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
I've been a long time DTV subscriber. I currently have a Sony DTV with Tivo (SAT-T60). Was looking to upgrade with DTV, but all new units do not have 30 second skip ability - only 30 second "slip" which is basically a fast forward for 30 secs - not a direct skip.:(

Anyway, I'm looking into Dish Network. Do you have any advice for a new subscriber. Looks like I will be getting SD service with DVR and no premium channels (I don't have an HD TV). But, should I (can I?) request a certain model of hardware? Any other tips on ordering the service for the very first time?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

No - I wouldn't say I'm considering HDTV in the near future - waiting for my old TV to give out first.

Even if you don't want HD right away, I noticed that the SD PQ has been reported to be much better with the 622 HD DVR.

It has been reported that Some Dish stations look better than some Direct TV. My neighbor switched to Dish and he likes it better, especially the SD DVR. The 622 would be a waste for you now. but you could get it free on sign up.

Thanks for the advice. Not sure if I can get the 622 for free while only subscribing to SD - I'll check with Dish Network.

Thanks for the advice. Not sure if I can get the 622 for free while only subscribing to SD - I'll check with Dish Network.

I believe it's possible, but there would be a $6 monthly HD enabling fee for not subscibing to the HD package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)