Looking to switch.....need 722 for home and another 722 for RV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Arkapigdiesel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Northwest Arkansas
I have an HDTV and an SDTV in my home. Sometimes I'm away from home in my RV traveling and my wife is still at home. I must have a receiver for my RV also. I don't think I can get two 722's when signing up for new service. At least, the online agent I chatted with indicated I couldn't. What are my options for scoring an additional 722 receiver for my RV? What additional cost am I looking at to get the second 722 for my RV? Thanks fellas......

You can, in fact, get two 722s when you sign up a new account because I just did a few weeks back. I told the installer I wanted two 722s and he had them on his truck so he said "No problem." Of course, if he hadn't had them to spare I may not have gotten the second one. My online chat agent when I signed up told me I could get two if the installer had them available.

However, the advice above is probably the best course of action anyway, considering you most likely don't need a 722 for the RV. :)

Dual tuner boxes are a pain in RVs. most auto-tracking systems only hit 1 sat at a time, so if 2 people are watching TV and the programs are on different sats, someone gets kicked off. I agree with dfergie. We are assuming you have HD TVs on the motor home, if not, get a SD 508 or 510 (if you can find any).

One other thing to keep in mind is that that DVRs don't hold up real well in RVs, they aren't designed for the bumpy ride.

Brad

You need not share with Dish your next box is for an RV. They might get huffy about a second, full price account.

Dual tuner boxes are a pain in RVs. most auto-tracking systems only hit 1 sat at a time, so if 2 people are watching TV and the programs are on different sats, someone gets kicked off. I agree with dfergie. We are assuming you have HD TVs on the motor home, if not, get a SD 508 or 510 (if you can find any).

One other thing to keep in mind is that that DVRs don't hold up real well in RVs, they aren't designed for the bumpy ride.

Brad
Interesting. Is that the same with D* or E*? Reason why I'm asking is because I'm currently with D* and have ZERO issues while watching two different TV's, on different sats, and at two different locations.

That's the first time that I've heard the term "auto-tracking". To me, it seems that in order to track satellites that each sat would have to have a serial number and it be logged to certain receivers. Surely E* doesn't do that, right? If so, then that's a no go for me.

Interesting. Is that the same with D* or E*? Reason why I'm asking is because I'm currently with D* and have ZERO issues while watching two different TV's, on different sats, and at two different locations.

That's the first time that I've heard the term "auto-tracking". To me, it seems that in order to track satellites that each sat would have to have a serial number and it be logged to certain receivers. Surely E* doesn't do that, right? If so, then that's a no go for me.

If you have a SD D* box you are only hitting Sat 101. I think there are some newer mobile sat systems that hit multiple Sats at a time, but most don't.

If you have an external dish you aim yourself, you can use a 722 in the RV but you have to pay extra to get a 2nd 722 on your acct. If you are using a self-aligning dish built into the RV, a 722 or any dual tuner rec will never work right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts